Political Correctness

Never thought I’d see someone so passionately rage against a shaver company.

1 Like

Overall I get where your coming from and agree with the underlying sentiment.

However I do think there is a bit of false equivalency with the arguments.

E.g

I don’t think this is correct. #notallmuslims is to prevent negative stereotypes/racism and general targeting of muslims a “minority” group. We know from history how targeting ethnic minoritirs has real impacts.violence against innocent people, difficulties getting employment, soft racism.

Even under a worst case scenario “all men are rapists”. Life for men barely changes.

It’s why Men’s Rights Activisys get such a bad rap, it is not equivalent to LGBT rights or the civil rights movements, the stakes are extremely low on the male side. I’m sure someone will bring up sucide, which yep huge issue, but don’t see it being driven by any of this.

1 Like

Yes, the stakes are vastly different, no doubt at all. (I didn’t word that post well, I think I lost my point about half way through it)

But the logic behind the two is exactly the same, minority or not. It’s the same behaviour.

1 Like

Gillette were/are? a huge animal testing culprit. They can get ■■■■■■ with a razor bladed pineapple. The way we treat animals as a whole is by magnitudes a worse problem than any of the snowflake munching going on in this febrile thread. Things we don’t like confronting!

#comeatmeneanderthals

1 Like

Nothing is more masculine than getting wound up over a video.

6 Likes

mansplaining

What a ■■■■■■-up word.
Just call things what they are instead of finding gaps to drive wedges into ffs

3 Likes

You see that is the problem.
I didn’t make any mention it was physical violence. I’ve been on the other end with metal and emotional violence from a former partner.
I gave her every possible chance but after 3 months I was done. I left. Many people they just can’t do that and I feel for them.

Being condescending or patronizing when explaining something to a woman?
There a alot of things that happen in a work place whereby women think it’s a man’s job and visa versa, however they are all happy to attend the free training sessions to be able to complete the said task.
Do they call on womensplaining?

Thank you for defending my gender.

1 Like

original

Yep.

My main reaction to the ad was “well done to the ad exec that figured out how to monetise outrage culture”

3 Likes

Very valid point, but most people misunderstand the use of the term

Rather than saying “all masculinity is toxic”, its saying that “some elements of masculinity are toxic”

It’s like saying “harmful drugs”

1 Like

SJW ALERT!

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to work out what he meant by that.

It’s a Young Turks thing, yeah?

Everything in that add has happened to me or one at least one of the my friends in the last 12 months. But of course #notallmen :roll_eyes:

20% of women have been sexually assaulted, usually by someone they know. Statistically you know someone who has been assaulted and who has assaulted a woman

Maybe of men didn’t have this bullshit version of hyper masculinity to “aim” for suicide rates would be lower. Plus if you look at suicide ATTEMPTS woman attempt suicide more often then men.

5 Likes

I understand the use of the term.

I just dislike it as a term. I think it’s unproductive, and as with most things that relate to group identity, easily misused.

4 Likes

I’m surprised any Essendon supporter needs to shave. Over the last 15 years my hair has completely gone.

Dove also photoshopped the ■■■■ out of those women.

Remember that Ants Pants ad with the girl lying in bed covered in ants telling an ant eater to ‘Sick’em Rex!’ while they swarmed over her like chinese bulk buying baby formula. They don’t make them like they used to.

As for the video, I wouldn’t call it an ad, but to me it felt more like an internal company HR video. 2 minutes I won’t be wasting again.

1 Like

They get a bad rap because the guy who started ‘Mens Rights’ was a sook that objected to his mother making him take diarrhea medication.

The whole thing is peak internet weirdness.

1 Like

We can all speak anecdotally to support our views.

It’s shithouse that you and your friends have been victims of such behaviour and equally unfair the amount of men & women we all know who have reversly been treated like ■■■■ from women.

The volume of females iv delt with in the workforce who are seemingly proad of being arseholes to members of both sexes is disproportionately high.

Again, the men that do these things, depending on scale are either arseholes or criminals, not the representation of the vast majority of men.

Perhaps I’m naive though I like to believe that over the last 2-3 decades that the majority of fathers (and mothers) have & instilled the belief in their families that we should all be kind to women (and one another) and that certain behaviours are simply unacceptable.
If ones steps outside their boundaries, they know what’s right or wrong (in most cases) and they should suffer the consequences of these actions.

As a late teenager I witnessed a potential offence on a heavily intoxicayed women by a guy at a party. I was fortunate enough to stop the incident from taking place, took the prick outside, named and shamed him and notified the women the next day of the potential danger she was in. I’m just a regular wanker brought up by parents who were only 17 & 18 years old when they had me, but they installed the appropriate values.

1 Like

You’re welcome.