Political Correctness

It has got me well and truly buggered that anyone complains about highlighting bad behaviour by males.

We have all seen it, most of us blokes have done inappropriate things in our life, on verying scales of bad.

So what if Procter & Gamble get more sales; if this ad changes the attitudes of even one male then is is successful. If this ad leads to protection of one woman it is successful.

The ad is not “cringy”, in fact it is very much real life, especially in the USA and in OZ

2 Likes

I also provided stats not just anecdotes, but you know.

1 Like

So the folks at Gillette saw those luxurious hipster beards and wanted a piece of that action?

I ignored the 20% statistic because it’s proven to be inaccurate.

2 Likes

Maybe a citation from a reliable source would help.

1 Like

I keep thinking about this and I’m now angry (which means you’ll listen to me less because no one likes an angry woman). It’s great that you saved a girl from dickheads but I assure they still exist.

I’ve never been assaulted but this is just some examples of ■■■■ I’ve dealt with from guys who probably think they’re “good guys” who would never assault a woman, but they’ve made me feel a range of emotions all the way to scared

• The multiple guys who don’t take no for answer and keep pursuing you because it’s “romantic”. It’s not. Even more frustrating is that the only way to stop them is to lie and say you have a boyfriend. Because if someone else has claimed you then that’s when no means no. Bonus points for being called a ■■■■ for saying no (?!?)

• the guys that feel the need to tell awful things to me from there cars when I’m running

• the guy who frequently would just stand there and stare at my friends and I in Hungry Jack’s after a night out

• the old guy in hospital when I was a young 21yo student who “needed” to make sexual comments on my body.

• The other patients who feel the need to touch me (not even “inappropriately” but just on the hand or something, it’s super creepy)

• the guy who called out ■■■■ to a heavily pregnant me walking to my car after work

This is what needs to be called out that’s just not. I have been lucky compared to most women.

I know you’ll ignore me because you’ve decided that because you don’t “see it” it doesn’t exist but I just needed to say it.

2 Likes

There’s no cure for being a c*nt

1 Like

If we’re doing anecdotes, I could tell the story about the two times a woman sleazed onto me at a pub and made me feel really uncomfortable.

Actually, I’ve pretty much already told it.

Anyway, since it happened twice to me I can say I understand what women go through and they’re really banging on about it a bit.

Edit: because this is blitz, I guess I have to point out that this is satire.

4 Likes

Australian Institute of Health and Welfare?

Read up on it as I have instead of being a smartarse and you might educate yourself on something that doesn’t fit your narrative.

I’ve had cousins and partners who have been raped, sexually assulted with major portions of their lives destroyed so if you think I’m making light of the issue then ■■■■ you.

How does the old saying go? good teaching is to take an empty mind and replace it with an open one??

images%20(3)
“To learn my teachings, I must first teach you how to learn.”

1 Like

Ease up, mate. Let’s keep it civil :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It would be rude of me to ignore you and I’m not dismissing any of the topics you’re raising as being trivial.

My 2 points are Gillette don’t need to be those raising these issues and secondly I believe there’s been weight around these issues for some time.
Unfortunately some disgusting people chose to ignore what’s appropriate where it’s called out or not.

1 Like

The bigger project is, I think, that women don’t want some coordinated ‘kindness’, don’t want to have to be thought of as seperate creatures who need special treatment as they go about their day to day. What’s going on now, however uncomfortable it may make us as men (some a lot more than others) will hopefully speed that reality into being. Just like the climate catastrophe, if you’re over thirty odd, it’s ultimately not about us.

Yep, right there in black and white on page 10. 18% of women have been sexual assualted from age 15. Reliable source, too.

Just hope you’re equally concerned about the male victims.

Imagine feeling you have to react to this?

Hook. Line. Sinker.
You’ve been played. You’re doing P&G’s job for them!

1 Like

Absolutely I am.

Also noting that 95% of male victims of sexual abuse are at the hands a of another male. Yet another reason to end toxic masculinity.

You can be concerned about more than one thing at a time. What aboutism doesn’t help anyone, its just used to dismiss the original complaint

3 Likes