Political Correctness

I’m not mad, I’m actually laughing.

1 Like

Wait…now you’re sooking over the term ‘snowflakes’?

This is just too pathetic.

1 Like

What the are you on about?

What’s ridiculous is how someone’s a snowflake for showing a little passion towards an alternate opinion to yours.

If you’re only here to take pot shots at me and not offer any insight to the topic of discussion, why don’t you find something more productive to do with your time.

I’m completely comfortable with alternate opinions, yours included.

Wow.
Are you kidding me?

I guess not.
So, cool.
Let’s not hear you use the term ‘snowflake’ about anyone getting all upset about ‘gender issues’ ever again.
Or mockingly use the term ‘safe space’ which you clearly need to avoid being triggered by a big, bad safety razor ad that no-one should give a ■■■■ about.
Shouldn’t you be saying freedom of speech allows this company to say whatever the ■■■■ they want?

You are ten times worse than the people you rail against, with a hundredth of the provocation.

2 Likes

This is a fake apparently, thank ■■■■ for that

I do look forward to the next campaign telling certain religions or races they need to start holding each other accountable for the bad things that happen within said religion or race.

In the same style as the Gillette commercial. Lots of footage and news clippings of all the awful things related to that religion or race, you could have acted out scenes showing the toxic culture within that religion or race, and then say everybody within that religion or race has a responsibility in changing that toxic behaviour.

Heck, you could even do one for females too while you’re at it. I’m sure it will be very well received. At least by people who want to start seeing some progress for a change.

It’s holding individuals accountable for the abhorrent things happening within their groups. A very pragmatic way to go about it.

1 Like

Isn’t that exactly what all you conservatives want?

Like anytime someone that can be linked to any minority group does anything?

“The leaders of the -insert- community need to come out and condem these actions…”

Or

“I should be able to talk about -insert- without being labeled an -insert- argh, grrrr, hufflepuff, my free speech, and so on”

You guys are a farking riot :joy::joy:

2 Likes

See your starting to get it dude. You’re labelling me and now holding me accountable for what certain people in my ‘group’ think. I didn’t even think of political ideology, that can be added to the list, with religion and race.

No no no!! Not just the self appointed leaders of that community anymore.

Every single member of the community is now responsible for what happens, and need to be held accountable. No matter who they are.

I don’t seem to remember saying anywhere that they can’t talk about this subject or that they should be punished for expressing their free speech.

I just want to see them be this progressive with all groups.

Perhaps you are missing something here beni.

While it is ridiculous to blame all males for violence on women, and equally ridiculous to blame all Sudanese for the actions of a few, all Catholics for the rape of children by priests and all Muslims for terrorism; it is probably fair to ask all males, all Sudanese, all Catholics and all Muslims to denounce the horrible acts, and to work harder to eliminate them from all society.

4 Likes

Yes. Yes you are.

pope and paedo priests for starters.

maybe not sheltering them and offering them up to each jurisdictions legal process.

I always found this ad bullshit since my siblings and I would always go to grab the old man a beer yet we hate to drink the stuff and are hardly drinkers at all for that matter. But that’s of personal experience which should hardly go for the much broader view which the ad is aiming for.

I do that understand your point here. Yes people of whatever race/religion should call out bad behaviour of their peers. The Gillette ad is NOT saying all men are responsible, it’s saying you should call out bad behaviour.

1 Like
4 Likes

That’s what I’m saying, I was trying to point out the subtle irony of all of this

1 Like

Just as that 1 million bucks they’re pledging is a week’s salary for the CEO, your 1 million YouTube utter, utter snowflakes constitute a very insignificant factor.

Ha, John Lurie! Good to see him still in fine form.

Where is the outrage?

A relevant take away from the article

3 Likes

Which happens. Like, constantly. Every time something remotely bad happens.

Doesn’t fit the media narrative though so we don’t hear about it.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’m outraged. Obviously the issue is suicide as opposed to indigenous suicide but the suicide rates among aboriginals are a cause for national shame (among the worst in the world).

3 Likes