Politics

Yeah nah.

The ad was to only run in One Nation territory.

We know it wasn’t a mistake

Come on BF, you gotta own it

They ran an add before it was focus tested, just like the Libs did with fake tradie.

No need to get all butt hurt about that being pointed out.

I’m assuming this is actually Bill in that ad, and not a hologram so he would seem the line up for himself?

Yep, truly a cockup.

It smacks of something hurried and not fully thought through or vetted.

If that was the case, the question is why, … and why now only up in red neck heartland anyway?

Is there a by election or something up there I have missed soon? Kind of a silly time to be spending money on ad’s anywhere at this point I would have thought.

Pretty sure they used greenscreen to save Bill the ghastly task of interacting with actual people.

Actually I don’t give a ■■■■■ what color, race etc Greens are, and there is nothing wrong with ad.

We are now so politically correct that we see racism where there isn’t, I can’t call my best mate a wog without someone getting offended. I am over it all.

The farking issue that the ad was supposed to highlight is more important than the fake reaction. None of my indigenous family were offended, I showed the ad and they got the issue.

2 Likes

Lol.
We’d murder the right for an ad like that.
And rightly so.

5 Likes

Appart from the fact that the theme of the ad is disgusting.

Best person for the job should get the job, regardless of where they are from.

I’m not saying you fit into this category but quite often the people complaining about the 457 people getting work is the same people who complain about people from minority’s getting a pereference

You’re not defending the rorting use of the 457 visa’s, Benny … surely?

I would have thought you of all, would have been against the import of cheap labour, when so many Indigenous are jobless, and crying out for training & employment?

And BF, the fact that the Ad was only to be shown in the market it was, surely clearly shows the intent to appeal to Hansons One Racist Party voters?

By being, you know, … appealing to racists?

I have in the past, whilst regretting his lack of appeal, applauded Shorten for his political savvy, but he really dropped the ball on this one, … it’s bizarre he couldn’t see it coming.

I imagine the news tonight will feature Boneless & co filling question time with attacking them over it, giving them the perfect foil to avoid grilling over their continued budget bastardry.

Dumb,… just dumb.

I@BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS It’s complex, on one hand I know plenty of farmers and vineyard owners who rely on backpackers to get their fruit off the trees at harvest time, with the big two supermarkets driving down the ppt I know that labor supply being cut is going to mean curtains for a few of them. I also know a Jordanian researcher who is working out of UQ on a anti inflammatory drug that that has no requirement for fish or shellfish so people who have arthritis and have allogies to those things will be able to take this when it comes out of clinical trials. He is here because Australia phamas had funding for him to continue his research. He is on a 457

I am against exploitation, that should come as no surprise.

When it comes to indigenous employment in my experience there are no jobs that could be going to indigenous people that are going to 457 visa holders. There are even 457 doctors and nurses doing their accreditations working the rural dialysis circuit. Sure it would be ■■■■■■■ awesome if we could train indigenous people to perform those roles, but we need people on the ground right NOW. it’s win/win

Don’t kid yourself into believing that there is this imaginary gold mine of jobs being taken up by 457’s they are jobs that either locals don’t want to do, are to lazy to do, think they are above, or are plainly just not educated enough to do.

If only I could help find permanent employment for my 457 guys over the shazzas who just want to stay on the dole and pop out more kids.

1 Like

I like the rural support so far in this budget btw

I think there a lots of reasons for recruiting on 457s, many of them good ones. Anecdotally however, I have 2 academic colleagues who were recruited that way, essentially headhunted, who are now PRs. They’re good at their jobs, no doubt, but the contentious point is that their positions were never advertised here and were actually created for them. That’s a problem IMO.

1 Like

They have learnt their lessons, regrouped, covered some bases, hit some key triggers, and with the economy improving albeit slightly, are likely about to start rebuilding support, as they still pilfer away at Education etc, whilst giving huge tax cuts to big biz & the wealthy, & continuing to ignore climate change.

As I feared, given the time to do so, and get trickier & slicker, there’s a good chance we have them for a fkn decade now, Thanks Richard.

Bill Shorten grins like a comic book villain.

It’s not a good head for inciting a sense of trustworthiness.

Maybe he should add some black framed spectacles??.. Perhaps a beard even?

Actually, I’m stuggling to come up with a lot that’s glaringly wrong with this budget, obviously the devil is in the detail, but on the early word. It’s pretty reasonable.

Exactly.

FMD. (See above post)

I trust anyone in a suit and a high vis vest, and never, ever think ‘■■■■■■■■’ when I see them.
Maybe he could try that.

2 Likes

You are farking joking. Best Australian should get the job, not so low cost import that is forced to work for a song.

And if you think somehow I am prejudiced because I want to support the million unemployed then go Fark yourself.

2 Likes

And Benny, complex ? More bullshite, there are hundreds of jobs in WA mining areas going to 457 and many of these support jobs were done by indigenous Aussies. All the big miners have cut local workforce and the FIFO now come exSingapore and Jakarta. And it is very sad that you have such a low opinion of Australia women.

And we have massive 457 employment in our local market garden, these are not backpackers but on visa taking jobs fron permanent residents, bused in each day from some dormitory, paid under award and totally exploited just so you can get cheep lettuce mix at Coles.

You really are a Green, and reflect there lack of values.

2 Likes