Politics

LIf I have a lack of values and low opinion of woman?

Wow. Your blue collar is so up so tight you really can see anything for what it is anymore BF.

What an ignorant thing to say.

Seriously

What should be happening rather than giving honest hard working people who are genuinely looking to make a better life for themselves bullshit because of what their faith is or where they came from in favour of self entitled, people who have a geographical birth advantage, who will probably not value the opportunity as much.

I’d pay everyone what they aren’t ■■■■■■■ worth, and let the best man or woman for the job get the ■■■■■■■ job. Regardless.

Your mob used see used to have that as their primary value. Your job used to stand up for people like my dad, a migrant who was getting ■■■■■■ over by employers a leg up.

The fact that none of you see that you are ■■■■■■■ over the next wave of new Australians who will pay union fees and vote you back in is why you have fallen to the screaming pile of rubbish that loses unloseable elections.

And doesn’t realise the irony of their ad campaigns.

Can’t believe they went with the Super for homes garbage,… I thought Mal himself, as well as many in his own mob had kiboshed that one, … along with every economist & their dogs.??

2 Likes

Kinda, you can voluntarily contribute more to your super as a savings you can use for a house deposit, and if you don’t use it, more super.

It’s actually pretty good idea.

A levy on banks, NICEEEE.

Sounds prompising, then this.

“Oh well if they do, just go to another bank”. FFS. They definitely will. Thankfully I’m not with any ‘Big 5’ bank.

Stupid idea imo.

Can’t wait to see the issues this might cause in 20 years time.

1 Like

I saw “Losers: Uni Students” and knew this was a budget I could get behind.

4 Likes

Budget is actually pretty good. This budget once it is passed is what libnat are going to ride into next election. It supports regional Australia, Industry, schools, and health.

Well played, it’s enough to get them in again.

Let’s see how labor can respond.

Maybe a photo shoot to get them back on track!

1 Like

They’re probably going to have to resume accounts that kept different types of contributions in separate accounts, like in days of old.

But it doesn’t sound like a bad idea. Savings with reduced taxes to build a deposit.

And since one of my jobs was to analyse what changes we needed to make to super systems to comply with legislation , i can think of a couple of newer admin systems that are going to have to start scrambling to keep up.

1 Like

Yes, it’s surprisingly forward thinking

I’ll wait for the full info on the saver scheme, but this ‘smells’ like it could be abused by higher earners just like the transtition to retirement schemes.

The higher paid people will get a bigger benefit as they are on higher tax brackets.

Also interesting given the advanced start date notice, if you have $20,000 saved you should salary sacrifice the full $30,000 and live off your $20,000 saved. Tax wise you’ll be miles in front.

Also will the investor be smart enough to realise they shouldn’t be investing into shares or property within super if they are planning to remove the funds in 2 / 3 years? I’d be surprised if most young savers will be this savvy.

Just off the top of my head there are going to be loop holes ready to be abused.

1 Like

Yeah, but what’s in it for the white single men earning $80K (plus super)?

We never get anything.

4 Likes

Is there going to be a cap on the price on the house you buy with the savings as well? What if person x saved $50,000 and then bought a $2M property cause mum and dad (the millionaires as an example) chipped in?

Will be interesting too if accountants can set this up and charge a fee and then client then also able to claim the fees as an expense.

Yep lack of ■■■■■■■ values, your new Greens ideology is shining out your bum.

First you lampoon “shazzas” for being on the dole and popping out kids. And you work in welfare, what a disgrace. Perhaps you should understand “shazzas” underlying issues and her generational disadvantage, a bit like our indigenous peoples problems with alcohol, tokenism, healthcare, education, no jobs etc.

Then you think that we are all lazy dole bludgers, so the economy needs to bring in workers on 457 to do those jobs we will not do, at lower wages and shiteful conditions. Even Doctors, Nurses and University Researchers, you are truly now a beacon of free enterprise.

And if the “next wave of new Australians” are those folk on 457, then you have no idea how this program works and that it is all about economics. My Party is farking over no-one as we want award wages or better, proper working conditions and all Australian workers, and Benny in our view if you migrate here you are an Australian, and deserve priority over 457 low wage slaves.

I suppose you now have a cheap Nanny for your kids from the Philippines just like your Leader.

And you support a budget full of lies and deceit, like wages growth of 3%, when the push is to cut wages.

You are now a sellout.

1 Like

$30,000 doesn’t get you much of a deposit by the time you’ve saved it and the way housing prices are rising. So you will have to save while salary sacrificing.

Aid frozen.

Drug testing welfare recipients is costly and has a track record of being useless and demonising.

Demerit points for missing centerlink appointments etc also riddled with issues. Mostly the system centrelink is part of.

No mention of climate.

Medicare levy for all but scrapping deficit levy for rich.

Otherwise, some good measures to gather revenue and some sensible steps.

The budget is most Malcolm policy we have seen. Let’s wait for his party to react.

Yes you do.
You get retrenched, put on the dole and then you get $30k p.a.

…and drug tested and demonised.

So everyone is going to get slugged an increase in medicare levy, and in increased charges from banks to make up for their $6.5B hit. Cuts to education etc.

Where does the money go?

“75 billion set aside for infrastructure oincludes the second Sydney airport at Badgerys Creek (which is going to cost $5.6 billion over the next 10 years), the Snowy Hydro 2.0 and the Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail freight corridor.”

So basically everyone around Australia is paying more so that Sydney and NSW gets all this increased infrastructure, jobs and investment. VIC and QLD get a bit each end of the railway. Taxpayers in the rest of the country just have to pay up and watch house prices in Snyder go even higher…

FFS This is supposed to be a Federal govt, not NSW Plus.

4 Likes

Screw WA.

1 Like

Plenty still on older systems as well.