Politics

Well Wim, I like him and I really don’t like many people. To know him is to love him.

Unelectable ? Well, we will get another chance to find out because he is not quitting his job and they cannot force him out any longer.

Yeah, I’ve heard you say that a lot over the last two years.
And yes, Labor needed reunifying.
Well done him.

I’m just wondering at what point the ALP notices that Shorten, personally, as a leader not for the ALP but for Australia, is ■■■■■■■ poison.

1 Like

Why is he poison ?

Well, we’ll see.

Now Boneless & ScuMo have taken “Just a jump to the left, … with a nod to far riiiiiiggght”,… and will continue to play the middle of the road game all the way to the next election, the polls are quite likely to swing back in his favour, depending on whether Bill can still differentiate Labor enough. If that happens, there might be a bit of tension within again.

Albo made the first not so supportive statement I’ve heard since he lost the L/ship ballot over that dopey ad the other day.

Yes it does.

Will this be the full 10 minutes?

2 Likes

Increasing GST to 15-20% needs to be in on the agenda

SO very true I took a VR only to be called back 6 months later asking if I could come back due to people realising that the amount of money they were being paid far outweighed what they were told the job would be…Now after restructuring the company and making a majority of the permanents into a casual workforce after giving them redundancys as well the company has run out of people…All the people hired back as casuals after taking redundancy now only work 4 days a week no weekends and no surprise nobody left to work weekends!

In Victoria at the moment huge problems which are costing business millions !

1 Like

I’ve told you once.

2 Likes

Because he’s not as smart as Keating, he’s not as personable as Rudd (initially) or Hawke, he’s not as righteous as Gillard.
He doesn’t have the luxury of running against a lizard like Abbott, or Howard when he was cooked.

He’s just blah.
You want me to describe Shorten in one word, it’s blah.
Even Beazley and Latham were at least passionate. The latter, as it turned out, insane, but passionate.
Beazley of course tried to go from teddy bear to hard man, like the Liberal guy tried to a decade later, and no-one believed him either.

Turnbull is as wishy-washy as it’s possible for a politician to get and he’s still more convincing than Shorten.

4 Likes

Not while wages are stagnant and corporate tax evasion rampant it doesn’t.

The trend towards making the Australian economy a device funded by wage-earners for the benefit of multinationals is one that will cause a lot of political heartache over the next few years. The last thing we should be doing now is piling on yet another regressive tax.

2 Likes

No you haven’t.

Yes I have.

When?

Just now.

No you didn’t

Sorry about the argument sketch.

One thing I know…I won’t vote ALP while Shorten is boss.

But at the moment, unless something dramatic about the MFB/CFA row comes up, I’d vote for Andrews. Not a fan of Guy, partly because I think planning ministers are corrupt, and his actions as planning minister were dodgy at Fisherman’s Bend.

Safe Liberal seats down here though.

1 Like

Guys guys guys… you want room 12, next door.

2 Likes

Argument sketch? I hadn’t noticed anything different.

1 Like

That’s the climate change thread.

2 Likes