Politics

Cory Bernardi is one weird unit.

2 Likes

Cory Bernasty 

Dude thinks gay marriage is a gateway to public acceptance of beast-iality. He lives in constant fear of the slippery slope.

1 Like

How cooked is Sam Dastyari? What a dodgy ■■■■■■■.

What has he done now ?

Four Corners and The Age “investigation” ?

Fake news

He’d hate this then

At best.

Didn’t come out of that looking Good. Highlights that once you have money you don’t lose the instinct to chase it or be smitten by it

When I was Mayor, I once accepted a free bowl of noodles from the owner of the local Chinese restaurant.

Us Labor blokes all have our snouts in the noodle bowl.

I’ve tried telling him that if he wants to relax he should just back society up a few steps by banning marriage altogether. That is what lead us here.

1 Like

Don’t think so. Fairly certain Australian politicians are innocent until proven guilty and won’t have the “strands of evidence” approach to proof applied.

Unlike their constituents

1 Like

If anyone who watched the 4 corners program last night is not surprised as to whats happening in this country. Then I suggest you get out into the reality of it all.

Australia has been a pussycat for way too long.We have watched the country be bought out by out by many foreign countries over many years.

The media al lover trump for political donations yet for years the same thing has been going on right under there noses. Numerous other things and all they do is get into bed with them.

Its sickening how easily led fooled the people runniing this country are,they just pat themselves on the back!

I think you could run a poll in the mainstream media asking what party runs china.

they wouldn’t even have communism as an answer me thinks!

You may have valid points, but I’m not quite sure what you said.
Could I have that in comprehensible english please?

7 Likes

I Apologise for lack of English comprehension
never a strong suit of mine 
could you edit it for me
cheers

Politicians who use terrorist attack and other tragedies to win votes really give me the shites big time.

Malcolm Turnbull is pushing a great deal of crap about the so-called Terror attack in Brighton Victoria.

There is a big difference between being out on Bail and being out on Parole.

Bail is offered to ALLEGED offenders either by Police or by a magistrates court. There may also be conditions on the Bail and a surety as well. The point here is that they may have been charged but there is a presumption of Innocence.

Parole is offered to convicted prisoners, who have been found guilty of an offence and have been given a Prison sentence. A Prison Sentence consists of a full term and a term which is mandatory. After the mandatory part Parole can be given depending on how the prisoner has “done his time”. The Parole Board in Victoria is made up of Judicial officers with the head a Supreme Court Judge.

In the Westminster system of democracy there is what is called Separation of Powers and the Executive (Turnbull’s Government) are supposed to be separate from the Judiciary. For political reasons both Turnbull and Brandis have conflated these things for Political gain. This sort of dishonesty is rife and it’s intellectually immoral in my view.

If they want to change parole Laws then they have to change them by an Act of Parliament. They know this, but are playing a particularly deceitful game and parole laws in Victoria can only be changed by the Victorian Parliament.

I do not hate all Politicians and many are good friends of mine, but most seem to lose common sense when any opportunity to score points arises. Happens by all Parties, Left and Right; they need to be all hit with a big stick, as their antics only cause more disruption and more contempt.

1 Like

Well obviously Trimble has an opinion that the getting parole for violent offenders is not stringent enough.
Is he not allowed to have that opinion?

And you are right, the parole laws can only be changed via the State Government. So what’s wrong with calling on Dear Leader Andrews to change them.

Is criticism of Dear Leader Andrews no longer allowed in the Sociaist Republic of Victoria?

Do you have to be so obnoxious all the time?

1 Like

I think it’s part of the trolling code.

2 Likes

A prisoner gets parole by being of good behaviour whilst serving their sentence. Expecting the parole board to be able to predict how someone who has earned parole will behave when released, or be responsible for that person’s behaviour is a matter of pure fantasy that only makes sense to people who either don’t understand how the system works, are of a hard core right wing “lock em all up” mentality, or politicians hoping to ride a “tough on crime” wave of populism to job security.

And when people like Malcolm Turdball, a trained lawyer, who understands perfectly how the system works, start playing this card, it is nothing but pure political opportunism.

9 Likes

We all know Turnbull wouldn’t have gone so hard if the state in question had a Liberal government. It’s a point-scoring exercise.

5 Likes

Turnbull is being opportunistic in criticising parole because he was once charged with terrorism, not because of the violence of his crime or because of his previous record of criminal violence unrelated to terrorism.

2 Likes