Politics

Incoherent, irrelevant diversion, as usual.

Is the law “left wing group think” ? Because that is what was being discussed: how the parole laws are changed.

Your constant protestations of a right to an opinion are so ■■■■■■■ tiresome and detract from the tone of the discussion in here. There have been several well argued and supported opposing points of view in here and your contribution continues to be such a low level that it brings the whole thing down.

1 Like

I worked in a watch house. He ain’t wrong.

1 Like

You miss the point again; probably because you are so farking stupid.

My comment still applies if it was Andrews or Shorten doing the same thing. It is not a Left or Right thing; it is about Leadership.

Exactly. What the fark is going on? If we’re so worried about this stuff why the fark aren’t we sorting information sharing out. Seems rather critical to me.

Check out the legislation and see how difficult it is to share information.

2 Likes

Rubbish. You stated that Trimble had no right to question why this guy was on parole. I then brought up facts as to why the question should be asked given his behaviour in prison (notwithstanding the fact that Boot thinks lighting your cell is up is standard behaviour) was not what would generally be considered parole winning.

You are typical of why this problem has gotten out of hand. Bury any questions that might be too hard or awkward or alternatively try and bully and bluster your way out of them by abusing anyone who dares stand up and questions the group think.

Those tactics don’t work any more.

1 Like

Oh, some mean lefty is bullying the only realist in the group because he dares to be different! The shame!

Do you need a safe space, you snowflake cuck?

2 Likes

I think I’ll live.

I just wished politicians talk to each other instead of yelling at each other across the room.

When has yelling ever been productive?

Even kinder has a when one person speaks everyone else is quiet rule.

1 Like

you assume that democratic politics is meant to be productive.

Forgive me for i’m young.

3 Likes

I believe you.

Read my original post again.

Politicians playing games is what it is all about. In this case Turnball knows that Government do not control the judiciary, and nor they should, but he takes the opportunity to play politics for his own agenda.

Maybe this bloke should have not got parole but it is not a Government decision.

As I said I do not care who is playing the bullshite games, they all need to improve their Leadership ability. Terrorist wins when Government and Opposition get into this mode, as the public become more divided, more fearful and terrorized.

But TripEss, all you want to do is create crap just like Turnball.

We’re going to get nuked by the US over this, aren’t we?

Is it super cynical that it took me about 10 seconds to think this was one of those “manufactured” leaks??

1 Like

Kinda humorous actually. Having digs at himself and Trump.

1 Like

I missed the import but what’s the go about the three Federal ministers taking a ping at the Victorian Supreme Court? I assume it was only because the appeal against the leniency of the sentences was still in progress, because surely anyone can have a ping at those lily-livered c-bombs.

Contempt of court! Faith in the legal process, you sanctimonious tossers! I have zero faith in the legal process and I’m sure a lot of people agree with me. Even non-Herald Sunners!

Just a bunch of high-paid a-holes looking after another bunch of high-paid a-holes!

Wow AN10, that is a powerful rant for you.

There are flaws in our system of justice, but I would hate there to be no system at all.

The fact is that Government sets the laws and the Judges run with them, and the comments around leniency are dangerous to all our liberties. I was surprised that the Victorian Sumpreme Court has any right to call a Federal MP to appear before it.

I’d hate to see guys convicted of planning to behead a policeman get 7 years. Disgraceful! Ditto with the guys who shot the cop in the face in Moonee Ponds.

Violent criminals should get 20 minimum.

1 Like

A question - what is the benefit to society of imprisonment and longer imprisonment specifically? I’m not trying to be a smart a r s e, just thinking about the aim of reducing recidivism & genuinely curious about how imprisonment helps.