Politics

Frogturd !

Yep, that about sums up modern labor.

1 Like

Yep. The truth clearly hurts.

I’ll see myself out.

1 Like

Dead dogs? I thought Marley died…was he poisoned?

The Liberals in the 1970s were a very reactionary bunch who stifled all social progress, hence the rise of Whitlam and his social program. They were anti all reforms and wanted no economic reforms, and were against any universal health care.

While today’s Labor needs to look at Jeremy Corbyn and other Left campaigners and review its programs, it still is primarily focused on working people and their needs. Even today’s Liberals are much more left than any Liberal Party from the Fraser era.

Working people need tampons to not be considered a luxury.

They could start there.

3 Likes

And I’d like a decent and humane refugee policy thanks . I’m not really into ‘race you to the bottom’ politics.

7 Likes

I’d like a fair and even tax system and to continue to help those at times when they need it most.

4 Likes

i’d like a unicorn.

5 Likes

Why do you hate the West?

Move to Norway, hippie!

4 Likes

Ok, bye!

Go the mighty Norwegian Essendon football club.

2 Likes

Mr Ding, you are much smarter than this. Maybe Benfti should disclose the fine print in his bullshite about tampons and GST. This piece of legislation is a small part of a larger bill that will screw over most small retailers and make us pay GST on all online purchases. Greens are again being deceitful and disingenuous.

The tax on tampons was introduced by Howard and the Democrats. You now cannot change it without consequences. And in any case, I would argue that GST should apply to everything.

Cannot disagree with that one Boot.

Agree with you on this.

Even though the tampon issue sounds good Prima facia, if they start giving new exemptions it opens a Pandora’s box. You could make an emotional argument about lots of other items as an example I’m sure there are baby related or other medical stuff that’s not included. End of the day it’s a couple of dollars in tax that goes towards funding schools and hospitals it’s hardly evil.

You know what really ■■■■■■ me off about the GST?
The S.
It stands for service. I can almost, almost agree to paying a tax on goods, but a tax on services? Especially when service is nigh on possible to get in many instances? That really really sticks in my craw.
In many cases we are paying tax on something that we couldn’t get even if we paid…oh wait…

1 Like

Spoken by someone who has likely never had to pay for it.

As our utility bills go up, the Commonwealth’s GST revenue will increase with the services component of the tax levied on those bills.

Credibility shot…

Ha ha , Credibility and I parted ways after Mrs Fox 1.