Politics

That’s complete bullshit and you of all people should know it.

The greens serve as a reminder just how far from the left his mob have strayed

Ludlam has always been a showboat.

He just got caught out in the big lie. Hope he gets charged for fraud.

What does “caught out” mean in your world?

FFS. He came to Australia when he was 3. It was not an unreasonable assumption for him to think that he was an Australian citizen when he was given Australian citizenship when he became old enough to know who and where he was.

4 Likes

So, … we’ve had a fkn KIWI in our Fed parliament for 5 or so years eh?

No wonder the county’s stuffed!!

Meh wasn’t Russian so don’t care.

More like ten years

Nearly said a decade, …

Well Dingus, you keep living on Fantasy Island. Ludlum has been a Senator since 2007 and he knew all the rules.

And ask him and the Greens about their jibes at Tony Abbott and his citizenship status. He got presented with the proof after someone in WA searched it out, and you think he didn’t already know.

I tried moving to fantasy island once but it was full of labor diehards pretending they still gave a toss about the working people of Australia.

They also didn’t seem too happy that I arrived by boat.

6 Likes

It’s calculated to depress you though…

When asked about encryption laws today, and pressed as to why he’s pushing encryption laws that make no mathematical sense, Turnbull actually said something like “well the laws of mathematics are all very well but the only laws that apply here are the laws of Australia”

I mean for ■■■■’s sake.

The PM arbitrarily dismisses the entire concept of maths on the day we have the resignation of one of the vanishingly few MPs who had the capacity to understand science/tech stuff in any meaningful way.

Ludlam had absolutely zero choice except to resign, and it was notbody’s fault but his own, but it’s still depressing as hell that he goes and parliament remains still full of hooting monkeys waving lumps of coal around.

4 Likes

Agreed that was a stupid comment from Turnbull.

Especially considering he and his mates are not only happy but are aching to sign away Australian laws to be over-ridden by those of other countries, such as in the TPP and other stupid agreements that cede Australian sovereignty in our own country.

2 Likes

Let’s hope Cormann has renounced his Belgian citizenship. Belgium recognises dual citizenship and requires renunciation under Belgian law.
The Parliamentary requirement is behind the times, but little impetus to change that law through a constitutional referendum process.

1 Like

ZINGER!

Has turnbull ever made a smart comment…I doubt it

1 Like

Back before he became PM when he had a spine he did, yes.

“We need a Fibre to the Home NBN to be part of this century”

“Australia should be a Leader in Climate Change abatement & renewable technology, and invest in those jobs”

I paraphrase,… but, … Fkn Softcock.

Agreed.

It was either going to take someone as bent as Abbott or someone who is capable of selling out any moderate ideals. We’ve got the second one.

This was the way Turnbull’s PMship was always going to go. The Lib party is a lot more conservative than it was when he signed up - Howard and Abbott spent a lot of time easing the moderates out. That’s why he got rolled the first time round - too willing to accept climate change is real and something should be done about it. The lib party room didn’t want the leather-jacketed socially liberal technologically minded attitude that Turnbull projected when Abbott was PM. They wanted the approval ratings that Turnbull had, but the policies that Abbott had (with fewer self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the foot…). The lib party room wanted Abbott in a Turnbull mask. When turnbull challenged, he had to sell out everything that’d ever made him popular in the electorate in order to win the vote in the party room. And even THEN it didn’t appease Bernardi, or Abbott, or the rest of those flakes, and when was PM and changed his tune on everything he’d ever believed in, surprise surprise, he’s not as popular any more.

Truth be told I’m not sure there was a winning hand for turnbull to play, not if he wanted to be PM. He could have said to the lib party room ‘if you want me to be leader then it’s my way or the highway on policy’ but then they would have replaced Abbott with Hockey or Bishop or someone and probably lost the election anyway and he’d never get a go. He could have let Abbott lead the party to the election, and the libs would have lost in a landslide, which would have meant that they’d lose a heap of marginal seats which would have weakened the lib moderates even further because lib safe seats tend to be in conservative electorates and have conservative MPs. The party room would have been reduced to a handful of conservatives in safe seats, and that mob would never ask Turnbull to lead. But instead of these options, he chose to bargain everything just to get his backside in the big chair, for a little while. Lose-lose for him. .

7 Likes