Politics

Just what the Greens need, they suffer from a lack of middle aged white guys in Parliament

1 Like

ancestry.com will be getting a lot of traffic from Canberra IP addresses this afternoon

3 Likes

A lot of suspicion around the place that these revelations about Ludlam and Waters may come from Lee Rhiannonā€™s office, as payback for voting to suspend her from the Greens party room last week.

Well she has just gone up in my opinion then!

1 Like

Werenā€™t both Gillard and Abbot british citizens at one point. There was a bit of noise around it, and claims that yes they renounced. I allways suspected there wasnā€™t any evidence they had but would be too embarrassing to be removed from office.

Abbott certainly renounced, Iā€™ve seen a copy of the document floating around on twitter. I believe Gillard did as well.

The Greens are copping the consequences of being a small party with disorganised and incomplete vetting processes. The ALP and Libs would have a well worn routine for making sure this didnā€™t happen to them.

1 Like

The question around Abbott was about when he renounced Citizenship. Some argue it was in 1995 after has was first elected in 1994.

It is a topic that he never will discuss.

No-one seems to be officially challenging it so who cares ?

There has been some questioning the authenticity of this letter. But as I said, Labor has never challenged, though maybe he is now an asset.

Now, if only we could expose a few of the senators that appear to be from another planet.

4 Likes

They just have been, havenā€™t they?

Last I checked New Zealand and Canada were part of this one.

Waters situation is a bit different from that of Ludlam. She was always an Australian citizen, closer to the Abbott analogy born to Australian parents working overseas . There is some sort of provision requiring confirmation of Australian citizenship once you turn 18 so that you can continue to get an Australian passport.

Iā€™m a duel citizen greens member, but I ainā€™t wealthy, lol

Actually, massive loss, Larissa was probably the most pro active save the reef poly in Queensland

Duel ?

Maybe dual Victorian and now Banana Bender

Malcolm Roberts is next!.

Nah, Dutch and Australian, like my good mate Bolt

This is quite funny

Some checking going on re the 34 born overseas. The human headline renounced his NZ citizenship prior to candidature. At the time Cormann acquired Australian citizenship, Belgium did not recognise dual citizenship.
The Malaysia one is murky. It does not recognise dual citizenship, but seems to require renunciation or revocation action by government ( except it has no records to do this)