Politics

The Lieberals have been slowly Americanising us for years, and it’s gone on at an ever increasing clip in the past 2 decades with Murfoch greasing the rails with his rags & their brainwashing spew.

It’s bluddy infuriating.

1 Like

A 14 year old child on a motorbike was chased, run down and killed by a 56 year old in a 4x4.

Found not guilty of manslaughter and given 3 years for dangerous driving causing death.

The child was Aboriginal and the adult white. The court heard at length about the child’s previous behaviour.

Now tell me, what farkin relevance does a child’s past have to being chased, run down and killed?

Purely to alleviate blame for a white person killing him IMO.

We are a no good country at the moment.

2 Likes

Don’t judge the rest of us by WA. Even Qld and NT are not as biased.

And don’t ever get into a conversation with a WA redneck about indiginous Australia. Never heard the statements that “I have many abo friends” and “I have sat around the campfire with those people”, made so often.

LOL

Of course, WOB, no Bblitzer is a redneck, except for Tripper and sadly he is Victorian.

there’s been a LOT of unrest over here since the not guilty verdict. I’d hate to be in Kalgoorlie

Yep, with you on that.

For context, it was not some random 4x4 running over a kid.

The driver saw his motorbike that had been stolen the day before and followed it along a dirt track thinking to get it back. It had been raining and the kid lost control of the bike, coming off and getting hit by the car.

Since then the bloke’s house has been burnt down and his family have had to move interstate for their safety.

1 Like

Yes there is always two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

Sadly a child is dead. But nothing now can change that.

Exactly my point. Congrats to you for making it.

He chased, hit and ran down a child killing him. It doesn’t matter why. He was not under threat. He drove too close and too dangerously, his words, behind the child and couldn’t avoid killing him and possibly made no attempt to.

The only justification you looked for is why he did it. Not that he did

It’s sometimes helpful to think about the same situation transplanted somewhere else.

Consider if, in a nice street in the suburbs, a 14yo white kid had pinched a bike and rode it down the street, and the bike’s newly-immigrated Moslem owner had jumped in the car, chased down the kid and run over and killed him.

How do you think it would have panned out, legally and in the media, then?

Also, do you see the inconsistency here?

“The kid would never have been killed if he hadn’t stolen the bike!”

vs

“This poor man had his house burnt down in an act of vigilante thuggery, how outrageously lawless and unjust!”

There’s the Scandinavian model of taxing big to create social stability in things like free education and health care (which helps relieve welfare dependence, ultimately) and there’s the American model where a few at the top get farking loaded more and more while the masses at the bottom of the heap find things harder and harder. Crime, illness and perpetual poverty go up. There’s a reason why Denmark, Sweden and Norway keep getting rated as the happiest nations in the world. “But how could anyone be happy paying so much tax!” they say. I guess they’re not so narcissistic as all that.

Australia has always laid somewhere in the middle of both extremes but there is and has been a for a while a tangible forcing of things towards the American model and unsurprisingly it’s by those who stand to gain a heck of a lot from it at the expense of everyone else. The creation of much misery which is then blamed on the victims. The classic cliche of the fat, nepotistic, rich guy in a suit regarding with distain an unemployed, drug dependent youth whose never even known a world in which their parents even had a job or finished school.

1 Like

I was just providing the context since it seemed from comments that all WA citizens are rednecks that the other side of the story was not reported. One thing is certain, there are no winners from this.

Good.

And I hope that when he is released, his new house is burned down as well.

There are no extenuating circumstances for killing a child with deliberate actions.

I think if you are going to use analogies you need to get them right. The kid apparently fell into the path of the car.
Whether the driver would have deliberately run into the kid given half a chance is another issue entirely.

The problem people seem to have is the “punishment” doesn’t seem to “fit the crime.” i.e kid didn’t deserve to die for stealing/riding a stolen a bike.
And he didn’t. He died because he fell into the path of an oncoming truck travelling at speed. Whether the bike was stolen was irrelevant to how he died.

However it is likely if the bike had not been stolen the guy in the truck would not have been there.

I think where the problem lies for a lot of people is there rarely seems to be any sense of mea cupla from the indigenous community. Things always seem to happen that are other peoples fault.

Gross generalisation I know but no different to the Muslim analogy.

No one will come out and say the bike shouldn’t have been stolen or the kid shouldn’t have been riding a stolen bike (if indeed it was stolen). And there seems to be very few coming out from the indigenous community with ways to improve the lives of these kids across the board.

It is a tragedy all round. There are no winners here. A child is dead. A community is in uproar.

1 Like

This is the bit that grinds my gears.

If women didn’t wear short skirts and get drunk they wouldn’t get raped.

Victim blaming isn’t ok in any scenario.

1 Like

You need to stop jumping to conclusions.

I haven’t blamed the victim.
I haven’t even said that the victim stole the bike.
In fact further down I have said if indeed the bike was stolen.

Perhaps you need to read it again

The man chose to go there, chase the child and drive dangerously and too close and couldn’t, maybe didn’t, avoid running him over.

But sure, the kid is to blame and the Indigenous community needs to be accountable.

True racism at its heart. Like said earlier, if it were reversed in any other way the justifications wouldn’t be pouring out from the ‘two sides to every murder’ crew

1 Like

What about a scenario where a robber is killed while holding up a bank or a home invasion where the occupant fights back & kills the intruder rather than being hurt or even killed themselves? I’m not arguing against your specific example because I don’t see wearing a skirt as actually contributing to the crime but a more relevant example might be a rapist getting killed by a drunk woman in the short skirt while he’s attacking her. In that case I don’t see the dead rapist as a victim - do you see it differently? Not to suggest that simply being a criminal means you deserve any punishment, but committing a crime is a choice that does put you in danger & therefore is relevant to the outcome. In this case stealing a bike doesn’t in any way justify being killed but it is relevant to how the incident came about so would always be raised in the proceedings & considered by the jury &/or judge.

I read it twice and quoted you directly.

“However it is likely if the bike had not been stolen the guy in the truck would not have been there.”

You also went on to say that the indigenous community wasn’t offering solutions. To What? Why is it up to the people being killed to provide a solution?

There is only one course of action here that would have prevented a 14 year old being run down and killed by a redneck driving a 4wd: The ■■■■■■■ redneck not running him down in his ■■■■■■■ 4wd.