Politics

More respectful debate.

But yeah, free speech…

I hope no belligerant, leftist bullies tell whoever published that to ■■■■ off and die painfully in the ditch of their own ignorance and rot slowly in the wrong side of history.

2 Likes

Chinese fortune cookies have changed a lot since I last had one.

7 Likes

lol.

Gotten a hell of a lot bigger too…

Where the fk is that from?

The vile left.

No wait, posted in Melbourne’s CBD.

:open_mouth:

Good god …

3 Likes

They must’ve forgotten to include those stunning factual numbers of rapists-in-sheep’s-clothing female bathroom rapes that we’ve all totally heard about happening all the time in countries that have SSM legislation. I mean, you wouldn’t just make that sort of thing up right?

1 Like

Incidentally, I googled the source. First hit is a long rebuttal letter to the editor of said journal.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/drt/2016/3185067/

For a tl/dnr take on the rebuttal, I thought this paragraph was instructive:

Instead, he draws sweeping, outlier conclusions (74 studies collected by my research team at Columbia Law School’s What We Know Project [2], which aggregates scholarship with public policy implications, have found that parent sexual orientation does not affect the wellbeing of children) that can only be reached by fudging the way gay- or lesbian-headed households are discussed and compared to households headed by heterosexuals.

1 Like

The burqas worn predominantly by Muslims but also some Jewish sects. It most definitely has religious connotations.

Some Muslim countries ban it, usually the violent oppressive ones as a political statement.

We are not one of those.

The government here can GAGF if they think they can ever tell me what I can and can’t wear. I’d hope the same for anyone who wants to wear that garb.

1 Like

Any self-respecting government should ban the wearing of a combination of long socks and sandals.

8 Likes

Or your ■■■■ deliberately hanging out of your jeans.

1 Like

Anyone know when the high court will hear the dual citizen cases?

Believe the first hearing is set down for Thursday but reports suggest there may not be a decision before Xmas.

I heard October.

Personally i think it’s ridiculous that a country can designate a person as a citizen if you weren’t born there. You should have to request it.

Particularly that when the constitution was written, everyone born in the British Empire of British stock was a British subject.

1 Like

Have to agree, its one thing to be born overseas & have not done what you should have to ensure you are no longer a citizen but if you were born in Australia that should be the only requirement to be considered 100% an Australian citizen until such time as you request otherwise. I always understood your parents ancestry may help if you were trying to get a visa but has anyone here discovered they were automatically a citizen of another country like this before?

1 Like

Thanks

Agree that it’s bullwhip but will be interesting to follow

Abbott was born in England wasn’t he? Yeah that works.