Politics

They will argue that there is some sort of reasonableness test for citizenship by descent for those born in Australia, distinguishing them from the Greens. .
Ludlam was foreign born, a NZ citizen at birth, later naturalised Australian ; Waters a dual citizen by reason of birth in Canada to Australian citizen parents.
Ludlam and Roberts appear to have more in common.

Yes, the latter part was a rhetorical question. Sadly.

But why would they be saying the accept dual citizen status? In this context, isnā€™t that like pleading guilty?

Not wrong there. Youā€™re ranting like a bluddy looney Ben, obfuscating, and avoiding my original statement & question the whole way, introducing other things into the convo rather than deal with the initial contention, then accusing me of ā€œGoing the manā€ rather than deal with off topic garbage you introduced, when what I actually did at the very beginning was ā€œ:GO THE FKN MAN!ā€

DiNatalie and his recent disasters remember?? The stupidity of saving the Libs by voting to go to a Double D, and how that backfired, the support for the greens in their base falling off a cliff and the current pallor state of the party.

And I also asked, once you started ignoring that rather than defending it, and switch the convo to Labor, ā€¦ How are you feeling about his L/ship, ā€¦ and the mess the Greens are now in?

Are you as unhappy as the rest of the Greens I know or not??

Donā€™t jump tracks, or topics, or attack Labor, ā€¦ Iā€™m not asking about them, the story isnā€™t about any other mob.

Iā€™m asking HOW DO YOU FEEL,ā€¦ about the fkn mess heā€™s made of your supported party???

Youā€™d think so.

To me this highlights some of the inaccuracies being spouted in here this evening about the greens. Doing the right thing does not always equal doing the easiest thing.

I think itā€™s a court of public opinion thing. If the court takes ~6 weeks to establish the citizenship status that will be 6 weeks of Labor talking about how the govt is illegitimateā€¦ I donā€™t think Turnbullā€™s leadership could survive that and I definitely donā€™t think their Newspoll numbers could survive that.

Haha. 37k new voters enrolled and still climbing. Suggestions that they are more likely to be young and socially progressive. For future elections, the impact would depend on where they are dispersed in the marginal electorates.
Might be a few Green voters

Iā€™ve actually answered that, clearly youā€™re not reading my posts

I read one line saying youā€™re on the side of the fence thatā€™s happy with RDN.

What you didnā€™t do was explain why or how you are in the face of the clusterfk of events mentioned above^^

He seems to have this idea he can become the new left, and replace Labor by coming to the centre,ā€¦ but Labor voters in the main donā€™t trust the Greens, and nowadays, many have a visceral hate for them for what they have done,. (see any Bacchus comment on them), and at the same time, he is losing the base, many of whom are calling him a ā€œSelloutā€ and worse.

You know I am a supporter of a Green agenda in the main, I was protesting in Melbourne streets and involved in environmental activism while you were still in short pants, and have been ever since ā€¦ but they just canā€™t be what Ricky wants them to be, ā€¦ and I genuinely fear they are in for a very rude awakening and a massive fall at the next election.

If you think itā€™s all good,ā€¦ ok then. I think heā€™s screwed the pooch and set them back a decade myself.

Why does everyone think benfti is five?

I think heā€™s about 35

Isnā€™t he?

Seems unlikely.
He remembers Juke Magazine, soā€¦

He is, and the majority of the membership are moving towards the knowledge that the main growth in voter base will come from the 18-40, no offence to guys like yourself and BF, but your not the target market so to speak.

RD, Bandt and such see the voters moving our way coming from people who have spent most of their adult life seeing labor been decline and a party trying to becoming a viable Alternative to represent left views.

All depends on how you see th greens 5 years from now as to how you gauge recent events, if your from the old school of where the greens should be on the political landscape, a couple of senate seats and a few hippies. Then sure you are not going to like this new direction. In my areas membership more than half of them consider them selves organised protestors, thinking their main role is to paint signs. Then the rest of us are more wanting to be a caucus who holds governments accountable and appeal to a broader audience. We are not just tree huggers anymore.

My spelling probably.

3 Likes

Christie Eliezer Is one of my good friends

Did she review your single? :stuck_out_tongue:

Close, we will go with well and truly born in the 70ā€™s and am old enough to remember it.

1 Like

Sheā€™s loved having the distinction, and that distinction.

Ha!
ticks off decade old argument

Christie is a guy for those playing at home

With a girlā€™s name.

Edit: You donā€™t know Craig Mathieson, do you? If you do, could you punch him on the nose for me?
Ta.

1 Like