Politics

I do not know how old you are BarkerBomber, but I am amazed that “living in sin” is still a discussion.

IT means no harm and I guess he( or she) is consistent with Christians, but hell the concept of " living in sin" is so last century that I am appalled.

Marriage is a great farce, and I have done it three times, as I love a party where I am the centre of attention. I am not ridiculing those who marry for “love” and all the rest, but marriage is a legal matter and has little to do with the relationship.

All power to you BarkerB, you get my respect

Ok. I’ll do it. There’s now a labor senator caught up in the dual citizenship thing. Come October I hope the whole lot of them are forced to do a check. Let’s just throw the covers off this whole thing and start again.

1 Like

I’d call it pretty shabby journalism by the New Daily, which kicked off the story on Katy Gallagher , citing advice from an Ecuadorean legal expert, which was heavily qualified. That expert has since clarified that his advice was hypothetical, based on the limited advice given to him and that he intended to have no further involvement in the issue. He realised he had been had.

1 Like

Ah, ok.desperation.

Attending second and subsequent weddings are a real grind. In fact any wedding for that matter. They were good fun in your 20’s when single and sleazing onto the other guests was considered acceptable behaviour. Nowadays I find myself checking the time by about 6pm. I used to think couples who arranged destination weddings were being selfish but now I believe they’re doing people like me a favour by providing an ‘out’.

The independent senators wanted a full look at the problem but it was defeated by the usual suspects before it got any legs which is hardly surprising…lol

1 Like

Congratulations to the new Mayor of Hornsby

Lefties on Twitter in a meltdown

It appears you’ve used actual footage of the old geriatric too.

The 2 highest socioeconomically advantaged seats in NSW received $21.5M between them, including Malcolm’s seat, while the sage labor seat of Parramatta received $11,000.

Don’t matter who you vote for that’s a ■■■■■■■ disgrace.

1 Like

I would not make too much of it, as they say, to the victors go the spoils.

My seat of Ballarat has done OK when Labor is in power.

More interesting though, is what the money is spent on under LNP vs Labor. Labor builds hospitals, LNP build roads, this a simplification but generally Labor supports human needs, LNP support business.

1 Like

Slippery nick helped the coalition get their media ownership laws through. Probably should be in the continuing death of journalism thread.

And what if it turns out he was elected unconstitutionally ? We just roll it back?

Today’s the 2nd anniversary of Tony Abbott getting SACKED as PM by his own party.

:grinning:

8 Likes

Hopefully, although it’ll be a long and messy trip through the courts I’d imagine.

Nothing gets rolled back just because the member/senator wasn’t legit at the time.

Xenophon just folded over on scrapping media ownership limitations. 2/3 rule is gone, in exchange for $60m/yr grants and scholarships for startup Aust media outlets. And Murdoch rejoices…

Traditional media is dying. Does it even matter anymore to have ownership restrictions when other sources can pop up overnight that provide new content or reach new audiences.

If you don’t think print, radio and tv is still the major influencer of public opinion then you simply haven’t been paying attention.

6 Likes

Inquiries into online content and the ABC too. What, are going to argue that it’s not fair that online content doesnt all fall in line?

Education minister is planning on implementing national assessments on grade 1 kids.

Jeepers. Poor kids only been at school for a year before they have to be assessed.