Politics

Andrews government set to introduce the strictest political donation rules in the country. Disclosure at $1000 and no more than $4000 per term including from anyone affiliated with other donations.

2 Likes

According to the IPA, itā€™s an attack on ā€˜freedom of speechā€™.

1 Like

Great so the IPA is pushing for our own version of Citizenā€™s United - the case that brought the US PACs and SuperPACs? Just what Australia needs.

2 Likes

Ah, the IPA are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about it. How 'bout that. Letā€™s see if they can convince anyone that rich people buying politicians is a good thing.

Yeah, best of luck selling the message that people with a spare 4K or more to drop on political donations are having their rights impinged.

1 Like

The timing of this with the Matthew Guy news is ery funny.

2 Likes

Malcom 77. LOL.

Sent his citizenship renouncification email to the wrong address LOL

2 Likes

to be fair, he only did that twice.

It got there in the end.

Think you might find it will fly.

Howard got voted in with work choices, P Dutton has a super ministry, Tony Abbott became Prime Minister.

Same people will be alarmed about this

The end being after he was elected.

I also find it funny he googled who to send it to, and sent it to an email address which was decommissioned in 2006.

Captain google did that.

LOL

well we know he isnā€™t a fan of research, Dr Cox proved that one quite emphatically

3 Likes

Imagine getting eviscerated by your OWN LAWYER like this.

ā€œHeā€™s talked himself into a different belief about this.ā€ Robertsā€™ lawyer says, adding the judge can decide how this ā€œgoes to his creditā€

2 Likes

Roberts would have to be the most Boomer of all politicians. Thinks he out smarts scientists with a few google searches, but cant even operate emails.

3 Likes

Damn double postingā€¦ :neutral_face:

ATā€™s post destroyed as well.

So turns out Tones was head butted at a No campaign speaking event. Came out and said we are a pretty sorry pass if we canā€™t express our politics without violence.

This from the child who threatened to shirt front another world leader, physically intimidated those who stood against him in university politics (and Iā€™m sure there was something with Gillard).

I do wish he would ā– ā– ā– ā–  off. Scum bag

2 Likes

Thereā€™s only one thing about the supposed headbutt that disappoints me really ā€¦

For me BSD, a headbutt is just far too European, a good kick in the balls is more more true Australia

2 Likes

Which is essentially the same thing when it comes to Abbott.

1 Like

Apparently heā€™s sad that the debate has descended to this. Yeah, youā€™re not revelling in it at all are you Tone.

1 Like