Politics

Jane Garrett (who should be Premier) has quit the lower house to run for the upper house

Hmmmmm :confused:

Well we have had a few self absorbed Leaders recently like Rudd and Abbott, and that bloke in Qld, so another like Jane Garrett would be really great; not !

It’s all about Jane once again, not a team player and if the ALP have any brains then they should tell her to stay in Brunswick or maybe just tell her to fark off completely.

She is about he most over-rated politician in the Nation, and that takes some doing.

Does anyone have an actual quote from Abbott over the coal/gas thing he said today? Being reported that he actually suggested the govt could invoke the (wartime) Defence Powers Act to impose military control over gas fields and compel states to allow fracking/increase production.

Now, I’ve thought the guy was crazy for a long time, but if true this is craaaaaazy crazy, and I’d like to see what he actually said The only article i’ve seen covering it is this one from news.com.au, which is referring to something Abbott told Fairfax, but none of the Fairfax papers seem to have reported on it yet

He’s an a-hole on so many different levels that Hanson and Roberts seem sane by comparison.

1 Like

He’s not an a-hole. They have a function in the modern world.

He is more similar to the appendix. Evolution has moved on and made it redundant, yet it still flares up every now and then in the hope of being relevant

3 Likes

More like a sewn up arsehol really.

Chock a block full of shitt and ready to explode or just expel crap everywhere if even nudged.

We are talking about Tony Abbott. We are not providing descriptions of Peter Dutton’s appearance

1 Like

We are very, very lucky he’s too stupid to play a role.

1 Like

It makes decisions easy…if you admire or respect Tony Abbott, you’re not worth listening to.

1 Like

Abbott is dogwhistling a security crisis out of gas supply, his solution is coal. Now he has been put on a Brexit free trade think tank.

Abbott is? The farking prime minister is. They can’t sell this turd to anyone aside from themselves. I know rusted on LNP and even Hanson people who think it’s a bad idea. Sorry ■■■■ heads. This one is bridge too far. Doesn’t matter where you live this is a bad idea. Your mineral council puppet masters aren’t going to put this one up our rings. How about get ■■■■■■.

2 Likes

Amazing this ■■■■■■■■ actually managaed to stay PM for more than 1 month.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2017/09/28/tony-abbott-nrl-grand-final-expenses/

Xenophon is cutting and running. Stitched up what’s left of journalism in Australia, has given us political censorship and done a runner. Cheers you ■■■■■■■■.

3 Likes

He got massive support in the last federal election in SA. Won a lower house seat and was running 20-30% in a lot of seats.

I doubt he is cutting and running, more likely he sees an opportunity to be a legitimate 3rd party by running in SA.

Well, he is from federal politics and yes, he’s off back to SA to screw any progress being made over there by handing the Libs power.

Might be thinking he has a shot at being the Prem?

Not quite that cut & dried. He’s not like most minor parties that draw their support exclusively from people on the right of the Libs or left of the alp. He genuinely attracts a mix of voters. The next SA govt will almost certainly have to bargain for his support. On the whole I reckon I’ll miss him, he’s made some howlers (the media laws one most recently, but he chickened out on the carbon price repeal vote too) but I reckon his legacy is mostly positive - he’s been a strong voice for the integrity of the Murray-Darling and against gambling when those are generally potatoes far too hot for the major parties to take on. And frankly I’m generally a supporter of the idea of having more local & independent voices in parliament, rather than the careerist hacks the major parties continue to lumber us with. Just a shame that so many of these people turn out to be Hansonian or Palmeresque or even Leyonhjelmian frothing lunatics…

4 Likes

Lateline Gawn next year.

4Corners would have to be next on the Lib’s list I suppose, …

The X man in my experience is very flighty. He gets involved with an issue, but when something more juicy or interesting pops up, he is gone.

We had him involved with two local issues along with Senator Madigan, and as long as the Big X got the limelight he was on board. Madigan was about as honest a politician and as good a bloke as you will ever meet, but X is the opposite.

Moving to a State seat is all about him.

The man is Liberal lite.

His running mate at the last election,Stirling Griff (yes, that is a real name), is a former head of the largest employers group over here. No need to guess what his stance on penalty rates is. The same stance as Xenophon took. I.e, screw the workers if it’s good for business.

As a “No Pokies” campaigner he failed miserably.

He voted to put more nails in the coffin of journalism.

He won’t be missed at Federal level. Unfortunately there’s enough deep-fried rubes here in SA (as everywhere) that will mistake his self-promoting stunts for responsible representation.

4 Likes