Politics

Just saw that Antony Green says Xeno COULD become SA Premier …

1 Like

Another compelling reason to leave South Australia

1 Like

Wow. Dandrews on Insiders today was very bluddy impressive. particularly on the Gas price situation.

Ferkern nailed it.

Yes typical Labour comment. ■■■■ the power up to a hideous combination of unreliability and high prices and then move on to the next state so you can ■■■■ that one up as well. Sadly it seems Victoria is next on the agenda.

Wow you are impressed by a Labour politician. Shocked!
BTW. When are you going to share your next Labour membership email?

Wow, Bellend comment from a Bellend. Shocked!

if you took notice of anything Bellend,. you’d know I’m very unimpressed with Shorten.

Fkn Bellend.

Think it was a bloke called John Olsen who ■■■■■■ the power generation industry in SA

It’s okay. Power prices only impact the plebs and bogans in the suburbs.

Some of them haven’t even got an Arts degree.

Anyway…

Xenophon won’t be becoming premier. He may be a shot for balance of power, but SA’s lower house vote pattern has always been incredibly distinct from upper. I don’t expect this to change in any major way even with xenephon’s personality politics brand. He’s just a more polished Hanson.

SA doesn’t like ■■■■ heads.

1 Like

You have two ■■■■ heads at Port Adelaide.

Just two?

DV wiped from the COAG agenda for the 2nd year in a row

The former Moreland councillor who moved a controversial motion to abandon Australia Day celebrations has been appointed the new leader of the Victorian Greens.

Samantha Ratnam is replacing Greg Barber in the Northern Metropolitan Region after his last day in State Parliament last month.

However, she has never served as a parliamentarian and takes on the position before replacing Mr Barber in the Upper House.

Ms Ratnam, who is also a social worker, worked as a program manager at the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre until her pre-selection.

She said it was an “exciting time” for the party, which could seize the balance of power in both houses after next year’s election.

I don’t know much about her obviously but fully support her and all the Councils leading the way in not recognising Jan 26 as Australia Day.

1 Like

According to Buzzfeed, aspiring Xenophon candidates are required to agree to donate $20k to the State campaign and fund their own local campaign.

1 Like

Sounds like PHON Mk.II

1 Like

Same with all Parties.

Labor puts some money into marginal seats, but usually only the top 10 or so. In my electorate which was won by Labor in 2001 and has gone to a safe seat by having a great local Member and hard work by us lowly grassroots members, there has been no money for years. We run a Federal Seat Campaign on about $80,000 which we raise by chook raffles basically. The local Member usually funds about $30,000 herself. Same in state seats.

Tax dollars pay $2.74 per vote (I think), so you would think that our candidate gets back about $150,000. Nope it goes all to Head Office.

Not sure about other Parties but all Labor Federal and State politicians also pay 10% of their salary to the Party, every month !

Wow, … I did not know that?

Fkn tithing eh? Do they think they are a Church?

2 Likes

Think of this way BSD; you get given a gold plated opportunity to have a reasonably well paid job, where poor performance is never an issue in renewal of contract and the company credit card is never rejected.

Of course, most Politicians I know work hard and perform well, but never seems to be the reason that they got the gig in the first place or keep getting endorsed, as there are some duds out there.

So, if you are an unsuccessful candidate in a seat in which you have little to no chance of winning, that would seem quite a deterrent to anyone running a candidature, thus limiting voter choices.