Politics

May be the raising of Frydenberg’s status is just a diversion to deflect from Parry, Manus etc.
My guess is that he , like a Sudmalis and others with a foreign born mother who was born before a certain time, does not automatically acquire foreign citizenship, but must apply for it.
It would be a stretch to interpret “ entitlement” as entitled to apply for citizenship . .
Historically, automatic citizenship by descent was acquired through the male line in most countries. Most countries changed the laws to allow for citizenship by maternal descent from the eighties onwards, but did not make the laws retrospective.

I called Turnbull’s office today to raise my concern regarding all things Manus.

Had a non-judgmental person register me and my electorate and it took two seconds.

02 62777700

1 Like

Speaking of GG’s, Sir Ninian Steven passed away during the week. A very distinguished fellow. Served as a judge with the High Court of Australia prior to being appointed as GG in 1982 by M Fraser. Has the distinction of being the only GG so far to approve 2x double dissolution of parliament. Served until 1989. Which raises the question, who if in a sober and composed condition calls their kid Ninian? I reckon his greatest achievement was to survive childhood with a name like that.

3 Likes

Also pretty sure he presented the premiership cup at the 84 or maybe 85 GF.

Now that’s something to be proud of

3 Likes

Did he? What a guy!

Yeah self-regulation is always a winner.

1 Like

Lucky that the Constitution doesn’t state that useless self serving c u nts are ineligible to hold parliamentary office, otherwise there’d be no politicians no-one remaining.

I could be wrong about Sir Ninnian presenting the 84 cup. Im sure he had some link to an old 80s game.

The only thing I care about with this whole Section 44 garbage is that the karma bus came and ran Joyce over.
His whole, ‘who cares if it’s fair, at least we got rid of some democratically elected Greens…’
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooou…

None of the rest matters to me.
Just that it exposed that farkhead for the hypocritical ■■■■ that he is.

6 Likes

Sir Ninian.

Terrible parenting.

2 Likes

Good one. I’ve just updated his Wiki page.

That fact that Sir Ninian turned out to be one of the greatest guys that has ever lived and that his parents played a significant role in his development is beside the point . Why would you take the risk?

It would be something to be proud of but I am pretty sure he didn’t.

One of them - probably '84 - was presented by the Vic Governor (who was being investigated for something or other at the time) ?Murray.

Can’t recall who did the '85 but would be surprised if it was the GG.

Yep, I’ve gone back and had a look and I’m not sure how I had my wires crossed. Even checked ‘83 (eerrrrgh) and they did a weird live cross during the medal presentation to Gary Buckenara on drugs in a hospital bed still in his footy gear!

Interesting developments in qld with Labor wanting to veto the NAIF loan to Adani. Comes on the back of LNP-claimed conflict of interest, and the veto will require LNP support. Quite a game of chess going on…

I’d pay to see wankers like dastyari or shorten get kicked out on some kind of 44 rulling.

1 Like

I think you misinterpreted. I agree with you entirely.

What kind of ponce calls their kid “Sir”?

Total 180, AP been flogging the benefits of the mine for months then she suddenly on the advice that LNP are going to start a smear campaign she is suddenly against it?

Stinks the lot of it

1 Like

You are never satisfied.

She heard you and you are complaining.

1 Like

Only delaying the inevitable until AFTER the election