Politics

Much like East west here, they don’t care what actually happens, as long as a large amount of taxpayer’s money finds its way to a private company.
Totally above board, of course, nothing to see here.

She’s not withdrawing approval of the mine. She’s ostensibly trying to block the loan that will help it happen, to alleviate a percieved conflict of interest. Seems like a bob each way now, but would it have happened if not for the LNP raising the perceived conflict issue?

Words fail me

And another pollie in trouble over citizenship. John Alexander, in Little Johnny Howard’s old seat, has a British dad and may have inherited automatic citizenship.

Quite amazing how this has snowballed, given it all started (most likely) from an internal Greens power struggle between Lee Rhiannon and the sane ones…

1 Like

Every person in this country should watch tonight’s QnA,

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/

2 Likes

I’m watching. These young people are fabulous.

Go Geordie of Tamworth.

1 Like

Birmingham seems an almost lone, … and more importantly, … a long distant voice…

And Plibersek should be installed as Labor leader immediately, … if not sooner.

3 Likes

100% agree, though that kid from Tamworth should be your runner against Joyce

Oils were better.

1 Like

Good for the pollies to get the reasoned views of tomorrow’s voters as an alternative to focus groups and staffers telling them what they want to hear

2 Likes

Why?

1 Like

I can’t even fathom what he finds wrong with that?

That is your issue of tunnel vision.

Even I criticise Labor when they deserve it, like the farking disgrace with treatment of refugees, but you think Greens are just perfect.

Stupid ad, that will appeal to those Northcote hipsters.

Agreed. It says nothing about policy really and won’t coax anyone down off the fence

“We need a diverse voice in politics”

That’s probably all that needs to be said. Oh and it’s not Northcote, it’s the Lentil Belt thank you very much. All the way up to Bell St.

Cos she’s a 1% aboriginal inner city white girl who has no idea on what real aboriginals have suffered in their lives … but vote for her anyway Northcote or you are a bunch of racists

“Real aboriginals”. Sheesh. Jeez I’m glad we’ve got you around to tell us who gets to be a “real aboriginal” and who doesn’t.

3 Likes

Words fail you

5 Likes

Yes not ones that tick “Are you an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander” box on their AUSTUDY forms

Meet Bede Jones

Recipient of indigenous scholarships to Melbourne Uni & Oxford

Meet Schyla Butcher

Recipient of indigenous scholarship to Sydney Uni

Meet Lilly Brown

The first indigenous student to be offered a scholarship at Cambridge

Meet the 2012 cohort of indigenous students to be award scholarships to the UK

Meet the Recipients of the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation scholarships

Deserving Aboriginals need a hell of lot of extra assistance, if you saw the Teachers SBS doc a few months ago you would see the appalling teaching and student standards they have in Central NT, but why is it every time there’s an article about scholarships to indigenous all we see fair skinned fair haired and blue eyed people are the ones receiving it? The absence of anything identifiably aboriginal about them means they can’t be suffering any disadvantage that a person who doesn’t say they are aboriginal but are of similar parental income would be suffering. It brings the schemes involved and the whole idea into disrepute. They are just leeches and the Greens candidate for Northcote is doing more harm than good if she is says ‘vote for me because I can relate to Aboriginals’ … she wouldn’t last 5 minutes in the outback

Need a Royal Commission into the rorts that is the Aboriginal Industry and the rorting of the system by those that have 1% Aboriginal Blood while those with 99% Aboriginal blood get screwed over and forgotten about

1 Like