Politics

Mind you, Bernardi would say that even if he knew 100% as a fact that Pyne was as straight as a heterosexual ruler. His continued political existence depends on him luring the more prejudiced segment of right wing voters away from the Libs. Anything that means he gets to talk about how the Coalition is infested with TEH GAYZ he is going to grab with both hands.

(And then stroke rhythmically, using a tugging motion…)

4 Likes

Lidia Thorpe wins Northcote for the Greens.

That’s quite the result.

It’s a paddling

1 Like

Greens look to have won 13 of 14 voting centres (and the one they trail in was the smallest centre, by a long way). Possibly significant as the Green vote has historically tended to dwindle as you head north.

Could spell the end of the kale proof fence.

2 Likes

Watch out for Melbourne Ports in the Federal elections.

Has the redistribution been done yet? I think a lot will depend on that about which seats the Greens might target next time round.

Personally I’d prefer to see them target Higgins over Ports it it came down to a choice, cos id rather one less lib in parliament than on less ALPer. But Higgins is a much much longer shot.

Also depends a bit what labor decides to do with Danby in Ports. Don’t think he made many friends in the party by distributing unauthorised how to vote cards last time round. Came within a poofteenth of losing his seat to a lib because of it too.

2014 State: ALP 41%, Greens 36%, Lib 16% (ALP win 56/44)

2016 Federal (Batman, extends further north all the way to the Ring Road): Greens 36%, ALP 35%, Lib 20% (ALP win 51.5/48.5 over Greens)

2017 State: Greens 45%, ALP 35%, Lib no show (Greens leading 56/44)

I gave some pity votes to some others before my vote ended up with the Greens. The former local Mayor who is coming third on first preferences with 5% got my lowest spot because his how-to-vote card indicated he didn’t give a toss about anyone but himself, donkey-voting all the way down. Lib Dems 4%, how-to-vote card featured photo of Leyonhjelm only. Laura Chipp, daughter of Don, got 3% and was not listed as Reason party (previously Sex party): branding and administrative failure there.

Danby also trotted off to Israel and Geneva after calling in sick. On his disclosure, he listed the gift of a flight from Tel Aviv to Geneva gifted to him as an NGO observer
That was in addition to using electoral funds for advertising that had nothing to do with the Party

That ad must have worked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Changing demographic as N’cote becomes the next Fitzroy, Thornbury becomes the next N’Cote and now Preston becomes the next Thornbury.

Castlemaine is the new Northcote I thought

1 Like

That too

Time to open a chain of latte shops.

That’s old news. My sister has now pushed that boundary to Muckleford.

1 Like

Sh it happens.

Nothing will change, the sky won’t fall in, and Greens MPs will prove to be the duds they have always been. Can hardly wait until they form a Coalition with LNP to save Turnbull.

Voters end up getting what they deserve.

1 Like

Salty much?

You pencil-sipping latte-pusher

Bit hungover this morning ?