Politics

LOL David Feeney. Like Blabble O’Bill didn’t know about this.

Almost as funny as the time he forgot he owned a negatively geared property.

1 Like

Just lose your seat to the Greens already.

Couldn’t care less if Feeney goes. IIRC he was a captain’s pick over a good candidate.

I am confident Labor has pretty exhaustive vetting procedures.

■■■■ off Bill you twat.

To be fair to Shorten (yes, really…) it’s been clear for a long time that Feeney didn’t give one tiny little ■■■■ about disclosure, paperwork, or ALP process. I suspect the ALP actually DOES have really good processes for this sort of thing, and that Feeney simply ignored them.

Frankly, if Feeney loses his seat to the Greens, it’ll improve both the Greens and the ALP.

Other reporting on the protest refers to his supporters with megaphones blasting out Islamophobic and other racist slurs aimed at the people in the highly ethnic Housing Commission flats nearby.

I usually save my scorn for the Greens, but Feeney is one prick that I could not vote for.

1 Like

LABOR MPs WITH QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
Justine Keay: Acquired British citizenship through her father, but citizenship renunciation from UK Home Office is dated July 8, 2016 and might be too late.
Katy Gallagher: Referred to the High Court. The senator says she took all reasonable steps to renounce British citizenship but did not receive notification until more than two months after the nomination date for the 2016 election.
David Feeney: Will ask to be referred to the High Court on Thursday if documents relating to his UK citizenship renunciation can’t be found. A by-election in his Melbourne seat of Batman looms.
Josh Wilson: Born in Britain but citizenship renunciation from UK Home Office is dated June 24, 2016 and might be too late.
Susan Lamb: Acquired British citizenship by descent through her Scottish born father, attempted to have it renounced but application refused on August 10, 2016.
Mark Dreyfus: Jewish father and paternal grandparents fled Nazi Germany. Believes he doesn’t need legal advice because he knows about German law during the war.
Anne Aly: Born in Egypt. Provided a letter from the Egyptian Embassy stating she had applied to relinquish her Egyptian nationality on May 2, 2016. No evidence confirming renunciation.
Steve Georganas: Greek parents and grandparents, and has written to the Greek Consulate in Adelaide ahead of every election since 2004 requesting confirmation his citizenship has been renounced.
Michael Danby: Jewish father and paternal grandparents were born in Germany. Father was stripped of citizenship when he arrived in Australia.
GOVERNMENT MPs WITH DOUBTS
Josh Frydenberg: His mother was born in Hungary’s capital Budapest and her parents are both Hungarian. His grandparents on his father’s side were born in Poland.
Jason Falinski: Has sought further legal advice after being unable to ascertain whether his USSR-born father, Polish and British born grandfathers and Leningrad-born grandmother conferred foreign citizenship on him. Labor frontbenchers are split on whether Falinkski and Frydenberg should be referred.
Nola Marino: Father born in the US, Italian paternal grandparents and a Swedish born maternal grandfather and Italian husband. Her declaration says she’s checked websites and sought legal advice, but thinks she’s in the clear.
Arthur Sinodinos: Labor won’t refer the Industry Minister over doubts about his Greek citizenship at this stage.
Ross Vasta: All four grandparents were born in Italy and wife was born in China. Claims he renounced Italian citizenship on March 15, 2001 but did not provide evidence.
Julia Banks: Father born in Greece along with all four grandparents. Greek Embassy does not have her registered on Greek municipal records, a requirement of being a citizen.
Alex Hawke: Mother and maternal grandparents were born in Greece. Greek Embassy does not have him registered on Greek municipal records, a requirement of being a citizen.
Michael McCormack: Maternal grandfather born in Greece. Greek Embassy does not have him registered on Greek municipal records, a requirement of being a citizen.
CROSS BENCH
Rebekha Sharkie: Born in the UK. Her mother was born in the US but didn’t spend enough time there to pass on citizenship. Renounced UK citizenship on April 19, 2016 but renunciation was registered with the UK Home Office on June 29, 2016.

Katy Gallagher now going to High Court because she was allegedly still a UK citizen when nominations closed.

Very solid vetting process at Labor.

1 Like

I can’t believe after all the huffing and puffing there are still so many in doubt.

Any thoughts from anyone on the integrity of The Greens senators during this citizenship fiasco?

3 Likes

they wouldn’t have sacrificed their senators, with a view of keeping the wolves at bay to protect their lower house MPs, would they? deceitful to the core, the lot of them.

edit: talking about the majors here…

If Gallagher goes, Keay, Wilson, Lamb & Sharkie all go too

Don’t really need to be referred as they will be forced to quit if the HC finds against Gallagher

Greek law seems to state you need to cough up money and register to become a citizen even if you are eligible for it so Georganas, Sinodinos, Banks, Hawke & McCormack should be OK

1 Like

Can strike Vasta off the list as he updated his record with Italian renunciation declaration

Sometimes it’s best just to keep your mouth shut

what a pig of man.

1 Like

Well, he is from the Wild West.

I know Labor had a good vetting process but like anything it relies on information supplied and I am confident all Labor members will be OK, except I hope for Feeney.

He is a pig of a bloke and I would rather vote Greens than him, actually I might even vote for Pauline before him. Labor will be better without him

He could/should have just said “Mate”, … but seriously, … when journos go so desperately & obviously for the “Gotcha” moment in an effort to big note themselves and their careers … they really do come across as Maggots.

1 Like

maggot defends maggot.

surprise that.

1 Like