Politics

I’m ok with it mainly because I don’t think it’s ok he told someone they might be being phone tapped. The rest of it most are guilty of and it may go someway to changing that

He wouldn’t be the first to say that, pretty standard if a pollie wants to have a private conversation. Turnbull said that the leak did not come from ASIO, but he would know himself from intelligence briefings.
And, according to their disclosures, quite a few pollies got freebies to AFL and NRL Grand Finals, courtesy of the ANZ and other major private sectors. Seems there is such a thing as a free lunch.

Fixed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t they just go to the backbench though, or is he booted from politics?

He’s a senator, so he’s out of politics and the alp will nominate his replacement.

1 Like

Any last vestige of hope Adani had of a Billion Dollar Tax Payer funded bail out is history,

AnnastaciaPalaszczuk
(@AnnastaciaMP)
As I committed during the election campaign, I have today written to the Prime Minister exercising Queensland’s veto over any NAIF funding for the Adani rail line. #qldpol

6 Likes

Indeed.

I hope he returns.

But… Gina really wanted that free rail link for the rest of the Galilee basin she owns.

1 Like

Hallelujah Now please go tell your mates in the Labor party the same thing.
Maybe they can get back to their core beliefs.

1 Like

The gift that keeps on giving:

I think people are missing the point. Donations from overseas are highly problematic and seems like it’ll be fixed. But this is the distinction with Dastyari:

Thats the key issue.
We deserve better.

Bupkis about it in Murdoch.com.au

1 Like

And then the ANZ comes calling about supporting a bill that provides them tax breaks or some such…

Been telling them for years.

But not vote winning policy it seems.

1 Like

It would win votes hand over fist.

It would lose donations.

2 Likes

Wish you were correct Ding, but most Labor voters are not interested in the economy or human rights. Look at the SSM vote.

And in Labors view it the Liberal voters they need to win over. The whole world is farked.

I think I may move to Texas. The weather is OK, beer is Ok, Women are everywhere, lots of money, I can get a big Ford F-250 pickup with gun racks, house are huge and cheap, and they have lots of money to buy my equipment.

And in reality, Trump, Turnbull and Bill have a lot in common. No- one wants to vote for them.

Mrs Fox and I have just finished a big bottle of Bulleit, so I am very mellow.

No it wont win votes.
Labor dont seem very good at scare mongering.
Reds under the bed, blowing out defecits, etc.

They need some scare mongering campaigns on key issues, problem is they are so compromised. Particularly issues such as privatisation, private school funding, private health care funding, refugees, off shore processing, penalty rates, labour hire companies etc. that they really have to where to go.

They need to re-evaluate core beliefs and start again.

1 Like

Oh, I dunno.
The Coalition had all kinds of butthurt over the Medicare ‘scaremongering’ from the last election.

2 Likes

There is a lot of recent history demonstrating that a platform of “national pride” is very effective.

“Under Labor, Australians will be back in charge of their own energy needs, no longer subject to faceless markets stealing from Australian families to deliver wealth to foreign corporations. Australian owned power, for ALL Australians”.

It’s not hard.

Edit: What is hard is replacing hundreds of thousands in lost political donations from energy conglomerates and lobby groups.

1 Like