Politics

Celebrate higher unemployment?

Celebrate no wage growth ?

Celebrate creation of non-permanent, casual jobs ?

Celebrate net immigration growth of nearly 400,000, many 457 Visa holders ?

Spin it how you like, but good reasons for not being bullish !

2 Likes

I see that ■■■■■■■■ David Feeney can’t find his elusive documents pertaining to his renounced British citizenship.

How has he not been sacked? The guy’s a moron.

2 Likes

I’m sure the British Foreign Office will find them! Oh…they can’t?

At least he’s not as shady as Michael Danby.

I thought Shorten said there was absolutely no chance any Labor guys would be caught out, and it was others.

What’s the score at the moment? 4, or 5, Labor guys at the High Court?

1 Like

Something like that. It’s kind of the ICAC in NSW. Very close race.

Do you ever get tired of being so wrong all the time?

Should Oz Day remain on Jan 26th?

To be honest I’m surprised at the 26%. There is nothing more left than the politics thread on blitz. Means zero. However glad it made you feel good.

2 Likes

I voted yes.
Again, some of us don’t look at everything through a left-right paradigm.

3 Likes

If you can’t accept that left people generally have a view on certain topics you are sillier than your posts indicate.

1 Like

Now that is the Pot calling the Kettle black. :roll_eyes:

Unbelievable.

I can assure you that I am much sillier than my posts indicate.

7 Likes

Best man at Shorten’s wedding.

Doesn’t say much about every other man at Shorten’s wedding…

5 Likes

@werewolf

The Age has never been a “left wing” newspaper. It was founded as a small-l liberal paper, and kept that position, in the dead centre of the political spectrum, right through the David Syme & co. years. It has moved to right of centre since the Fairfax takeover.

If the Age appears to some as being “left wing,” that is only because it is to the left of Rupert’s News Limited. The truth of the matter is, Australia has had NO left wing newspapers since The Tribune folded in 1991.

9 Likes

Ridiculous. The active campaigning to anything left would prove otherwise. I’d guess you are too far left (gone) to notice.

1 Like

Just because the centre is getting further & further left of the average modern Rightard, … doesn’t mean it has shifted.

In the last election all Fairfax papers other than the Sunday Age supported the Liberals in their editorial.

But hey facts, pfft.

Thanks for there comedy but this is the Politics thread. However always good to read some funny posts to break up the seriousness.

It’s indicative of how far left this board is that his post has already got 5 likes.

1 Like

Again my post above. The daily Age and Saturday Age supported Malcom Turnbull the small l Liberal at the last election.

So your wrong again as the evidence clearly shows.

Always wrong, … 100% so,… 100% of the time,… so, you know… meh.