Politics

Seriously? You still trying to deflect? E12’s comments I took as tongue in cheek & the mention of doctors wives as a reference to Bhathal herself. His point was that the area isn’t the poor/working class area it once was. I agree with that & believe in some ways you’ve agreed with that too. What you replied with initially was a generalisation stating that there simply were not many white collar workers in the area - I think that far more ignorant than E12’s comments.

Lol

I said there aren’t many ‘white collar workers & doctors wives in Reservoir & Preston’ after the generalisation that the entire electorate is full of them. Full of doctor’s wives? Seriously? FFS I live here. I shop here. My kids go to school here. I know this.

Anyway, I’m done with this. Got better things to do.

2 Likes

One was a figure of speech, yours was a statement that I thought was completely ignorant. Again if you want to stand by your statement that not many people other than blue collar workers live in the area then at least provide something to support this claim. It would go against your other statements but at least find a consistent position. I know the area as well & its why I know that both yours & E12’s statements were wrong only he has at least tried to give context & owned the generalisation. You seem to want to distance yourself from your initial statements but can’t seem to bring yourself to an admission of a poor generalisation of your own.

You are right. Reservoir is full of Doctor’s wives.

But, where do the doctors live? I don’t understand why the wives were identified as influencing votes.

4 Likes

They all live in Clifton Hill.
Of course, Doctor’s husbands are another matter altogether…

2 Likes

I have a question. Why aren’t the doctors living in the same electorates as their spouses?

8 Likes

No room for Doctors. Its FULL to capacity with white collar workers and Doctor’s wives (not husbands though).

1 Like

I’m married to a doctor

Do you live in different suburbs?

My spouse is practically a doctor

I guess that means you have to leave Batman.

1 Like

Why?

I’m a doctor and so’s my wife

4 Likes

Doctor Who Club of Victoria no longer meets in Batman.

3 Likes

Where does the Batman club meet?

Funnily enough, no, and to confuse the issue further, we are 1700kms from Batman