Politics

John Howard is calling for the Newstart allowance to be increased… let me say that again. JOHN F*CKING HOWARD.

Get off your big fcking arses and lift the Newstart allowance. Pathetic peices of sht NLP.

1 Like

One WA one is unconnected to dual citizenship , but then you have Feeney earlier.
Aside from the legal aspects, Gallagher did not have much of a leg to stand on, as she had been appointed by the ACT to replace Lundy but did not take steps to renounce citizenship until shortly before the double dissolution.
I feel sorry for Susan Lamb. Reportedly the UK Home Office has now agreed to waive the requirement to produce her parents marriage certificate, which had been the stumbling block to renunciation.

Wait for it…

8 Likes

Morrison can call it net debt 360 billion, but Australia is 560 billion in debt, gross debt which is what they used against Labour in 2013, so the great economic managers of our time have added 280 Billion in 5 years.

2 Likes

Sure had me fooled.

I was involved in the process and thought it was fool-proof. Guess some Politicians are bigger fools than I thought or bigger liars.

Honest Bill.

I thought that people who were running for office filled in their details correctly. Yeah, I know, foolish me, but when they state that their parents and grandparents were all born in Australia, it doesn’t make you think you need to send in Poirot to search their past.

I hear Bill is not very happy; and like me believed the wrong people.

com-optimize-2

5 Likes

is a hero for you the girl in kingsman?

@Heather_Mills would be all over the TV series Strike (or CB Strike) from J K Rowling writing as Robert Galbraith. Fellow amputee! War vet turns private eye with Lucretia Borgia from the Borgias as his offsider.

The hero played by Tom Burke was a nasty in War and Peace.

Hidden in the budget was also cuts to asic and apra.

No one watching banking commission then.

4 Likes

And the $500m that was loudly promised towards helping out the Great Barrier Reef? Well, instead of going to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, which is the govt body responsibly for the welfare of the reef, 90% of it has actually gone to a corporate foundation largely run by miners, energy companies, and climate change deniers, of which many are generous LNP donors.

Just when you think you’re finally cynical enough, these bastards still manage to surprise you…

13 Likes

They are not even trying to hide their corruption anymore.

5 Likes

Why is this not on the front pages. 32 investigators will be cut.

2 Likes

holy crap!

FFS! That is unbelievable, even by their own standards.

Is 250m really needed to put religious personnel in schools?

3 Likes

you’d think the access to young boys would be enough.

2 Likes

AFR has run a big article. The explanation has been the conclusion of some data projects, plus raising the company levies( no figures given).
ASIC was given funding to cover the Haynes Royal Commission against a projected time line but this may be unlikely.
The Government will also have to do supplementary Estimates to cover any post Royal Commission prosecutions - which it will no doubt present as being responsive to public opinion.

No one in education thinks so. Best part is they will have a focus on anti-bullying.