Poll : Who will get the Upgrade Nod for TBC?

Given Bombas comment re: Rucks & JM's & other watchers reports on The Stein, Dell, Ambrose & even Rayner, I think this could be a chook raffle.

Will we up Thurlow just in case Paddy smacks someone? Or is a 3rd tall or small forward the ticket?

If TBC is the only LTI then I would imagine they won't upgrade anyone unless Ryder becomes unavailable and the big guy is straight in.

They won't put us in the position that Jo, Carlise or Hooker are the rucks.

If someone else goes down or at mid year, a different story 

Big Rayner fan myself

Big Rayner fan myself

Go on then, change your vote.
Although, I think the votes are locked in, and you can't take them backy.

Patrick Ambrose.

if he's no good at least we can auction him off in the IPL.

No one just now, keep it up our sleeves and use the upgrade based on a needs basis.

Keep it up our sleeve. 

Although already promoted Crameri arrived during the NAB cup.

Has Steinberg's opportunity arrived?

No one just now, keep it up our sleeves and use the upgrade based on a needs basis.

Yep. As Chef said also.

No need to upgrade anyone yet.

I was going to say ff we upgrade anyone other than Thurlow and then lose Ryder we'll be kicking ourselves, but then again there's no guarantee we'd pick Thurlow anyway, if it's only for 1 week then we might just share the rucking duties between the big fellas we already have in the senior side. Surely a few of them will be at least as good as Thurlow anyway, right? I know Hooker git smashed in that final years ago but how old was he? 20? Surely he's improved his tap work a bit since then?

Anyway we don't know what other players will get injured (short term) between now and then. If Chappy is out for say 3 weeks then maybe we get Steinberg in.

I honestly can't see Rayner or Ambrose getting promoted. Surely at this stage of the season we don't have to resort to rookies to fill the gap of 1 man when we have a whole senior list to choose from?

DELL

How on earth anyone could vote for Ambrose is beyond me.

So ... Peeto's got 3 alts then.

Going to have to side with Basil Zempilas' son on this one.

Ambrose more likely to be elevated than Dell'Olio. 

Steinberg possibly more likely than Ambrose.

Doubt any upgrade will occur, unless of course Ryder were to go down, in which case Thurlow would be upgraded. 

If they were all on the senior list already though, Steinberg would be the closest to games.

Yep. As Chef said also.
No need to upgrade anyone yet.
I was going to say ff we upgrade anyone other than Thurlow and then lose Ryder we'll be kicking ourselves, but then again there's no guarantee we'd pick Thurlow anyway, if it's only for 1 week then we might just share the rucking duties between the big fellas we already have in the senior side. Surely a few of them will be at least as good as Thurlow anyway, right? I know Hooker git smashed in that final years ago but how old was he? 20? Surely he's improved his tap work a bit since then?
Anyway we don't know what other players will get injured (short term) between now and then. If Chappy is out for say 3 weeks then maybe we get Steinberg in.
I honestly can't see Rayner or Ambrose getting promoted. Surely at this stage of the season we don't have to resort to rookies to fill the gap of 1 man when we have a whole senior list to choose from?
We've got a whole list, but no other tall forwards. He might only be the 38th or 42nd best player we've got but with no TBC he is at worst our 4th best (fit) tall forward.

somebody vote for me!

somebody vote for me!

Hmm, might be a bit too soon.

It will be the big beanpole Thurlow.

That said, Steinberg has done a lot of one-on-one work chasing Daniher around the ground.

I can’t see how it could be anyone else but Thurlow. They brought another Ruckman onto the list in case a Ruckman got injured. A Ruckman was injured. Ergo logic dictates it has to be him.

It's all about NAB Cup form. If Thurlow shows that he can ■■■■ with the big boys, then he'll have to get the guernsey.

If he stinks it up big time, they'll run the risk on Paddy, with chops outs from Melksham.

Alternately, after 3 years it's just gotta be Stein Time.

you need an option for whoever is in the best form.

No point carrying an out of form backup ruck option who would most likely only play 5 mins of ruck a qtr, and be stuck forward for the rest.

That being said if the backup is close to being in the best form, then he should prolly get the nod.

All comes down to form, of both the rookies and the team as a whole.