Port Supporter is Racist Scum

Sure it was a Port supporter? Bananas are expensive.

Probably stole it off a Crows fan on the way in.

Not at the self checkout.

And that’s the type of supporters Paddy Ryder was willing to go and bust a gut for?

Would’ve been better at the Lions or Giants, at least they have either no fans or only paid actors that are willing to support their clubs the way the AFL tell them too.

And that's the type of supporters Paddy Ryder was willing to go and bust a gut for?

Would’ve been better at the Lions or Giants, at least they have either no fans or only paid actors that are willing to support their clubs the way the AFL tell them too.

We booed an unconscious umpire off the ground.

Let’s not get on our high-horse. There are farktards in every group of supporters.

That is different Paul, we did not waste food.

And I was applauding that the umpire was being carried off. The game would be better without any.

That is different Paul, we did not waste food.

And I was applauding that the umpire was being carried off. The game would be better without any.

That’s true, food wastage is the real issue here.

And that's the type of supporters Paddy Ryder was willing to go and bust a gut for?

Let’s not get on our high-horse. There are farktards in every group of supporters.

There was context surrounding the umpire tho.

Not at the self checkout.

Why won’t you scan dammit

I thought we just cheered when he get planted? Wasnt at the game, was watching on tv

I thought we booed him before he got carried off, … and cheered when he did…??

Funny thread. Much better than most of the bananal crap being posted elsewhere.

It was definitely a bronx cheer with some boos mixed in when he was carted off.

Big deal.

Sure call her out, but highlighting this crap just brings all the redneck racists out to play.

I would not waste a banana on any Port or Crow player.

Racism is a serious issue. I don’t see how publicly calling someone out for a very low act encourages more racism and hopefully actually discourages and educates others.

This head in the sand, pretend it’s not happening attitude we have to racism in this country does no-one any favours and just allows it to fester and multiply.

I thought we booed him before he got carried off, .. and cheered when he did..??

Nah, other way around.

Huge cheer when he went down - understandable too - but after ten minutes of him being unconscious on the ground, we still booed him off.

It was a classy night, that one :slight_smile:

Big deal.

Sure call her out, but highlighting this crap just brings all the redneck racists out to play.

Racism is a serious issue. I don’t see how publicly calling someone out for a very low act encourages more racism and hopefully actually discourages and educates others.

This head in the sand, pretend it’s not happening attitude we have to racism in this country does no-one any favours and just allows it to fester and multiply.

She threw a banana, I don’t think anyone knows if she said something racist as well (she may well have but I don’t think audio shows it and the claim is that racism was coming from lots in that area not just her). I guess the question is did she throw the banana as a racist taunt or did she just throw it because she was peeved off? She was yelling and then suddenly reaches down into a bag and throws the banana.

Is it worth a life ban or a $10,000 fine and a couple of years ban?

$10k fine … wut?

Who’s going to impose any fine, let alone 10k? Who has the right to do it?

They have the power to ban, full stop, … well, and embarrass. They should do both if she did it, and they will.

Name, Shame, ban from Game.

If someone throws a banana at an indigenous player and doesn’t know that’s going to come across as racist, then they deserve to be banned for being pathologically stupid.

Big deal.

I’m with Bacchus, yes do expose her initially, but then the focus should be on simply identifying her and banning her from attending.

It is better to show them up as an idiot and move on, rather than have a national debate and make it sounds like there are two valid sides to the argument.

Don’t want Andrew Bolt getting any more clicks than he already does.

Big deal.

She threw a banana, I don’t think anyone knows if she said something racist as well (she may well have but I don’t think audio shows it and the claim is that racism was coming from lots in that area not just her). I guess the question is did she throw the banana as a racist taunt or did she just throw it because she was peeved off? She was yelling and then suddenly reaches down into a bag and throws the banana.

Are you seriously questioning whether this act is racist? Is that you Eddie?

Big deal.

I believe this answers your questions. From ABC:

Spectator Jamie Christodoulou said he saw the woman throw a banana after Betts had scored.

“A lot of supporters in the area were very disappointed and angered with what she had done,” he said.

"We all outed her, I particularly did.

I pretty much … told her she was out of line, just took it too far, there’s no place for that."

Mr Christodoulou said he and his family, including children, had been forced to put up with the woman’s foul language at home games all year.

“This happened in the row in front of me. I am proud to say that I yelled at her and told her she took it too far. She responded by saying, ‘but he’s just a monkey’.”
He said the woman then got up and left.

Throw the book at the POS. No place for her type, especially given the public awareness over this issue of late.