Positives About Our List

Gunston makes Gleeson look like Schwarzenegger

1 Like

People should also remember that partly through the club’s mismanagement we had 22-23 blokes go in for surgery which impacted the preseason.

7 Likes

All our players could have individual personal best years and I’d still back us to be in the 6-10 bracket, because we don’t play well as a team, that’s on the coaching without doubt.

Will the coaches be able to get it all to click? That’s where we need improvement.

2 Likes

Our KPFs have (by my count) under 20 goals between them for the year.

That’s a teensie weensie little issue, IMO.

Brutal list of 23 players there.

Hard to disagree with too much of it though. I’d keep Gleeson, although he is well down on his initial promise - last chance.

Given a season with our actual KPFs…not this one, what would be the reason for they not getting enough goals between them?

If all our players had their best years we would win the flag.

1 Like

Que?

I may have not read your statement before answering… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And yet we also had a couple of months to make up for that and were 5-2 or something

I have to agree somewhat with the injury management at the end of last year. We needed to get guys into surgery lot quicker than what happened. Lets not make the same mistake this year. Anyone who needs surgery for goodness sake, book them in now. Play the kids last 2 rounds and see who has a ticker.

2 Likes

Valid points.

2 Likes

Classic Essington list management if Gleeson is re-contracted.
7 years is enough.

3 Likes

pad their stats…rot started with Hurley IMO

yeah prob a little harsh on Ham, but unless he is going to add some bulk to his frame, i can’t see a future there.
Lean players who are successful have footy IQ’s off the charts such as Kade Simpson, or electrifying acceleration and goal sense like Eddie Betts.

1 Like

Has there been some sort of change in the law, whereby employers can dictate an employees medical choices?

Really?

So much this.

The list isn’t perfect - none are - but the way we are playing is abysmal.

Put it another way. How many of our players are playing at their best consistently this year? Maybe 4, of the 36 that have played this season. You could probably argue a few more depending on your definitions, but fundamentally, the vast majority of the list are not consistently (or even at all) playing their best football.

(Let alone to a good gameplan!)

That’s a coaching issue.

We have played some awful football, and we are 1.5 wins & % out of the 8, with a game in hand (lol) and having thrown away games against GWS/Carlton/GC for a start.

The list playing well can certainly play finals. How many it could win, dunno, but nobody tipped the Bulldogs in 2016, Richmond in 2017 or West Coast in 2018…

2 Likes

Draper, Ridley, Saad, McGrath, Parish, Daniher, Tippa, Langford, Merrett and Stringer are our core.

Only positives.

I would argue that Hams numbers would be similar to Simpson’s in his first few years. Also consider Simpson didn’t have a Covid year which is less than ideal.

1 Like