Post #BlitzDown Issues

FLR thread returns a 500 error when you click on the red dot.

Screw fixing it myself, filed a support request with Invision PB to look at these errors.

Also the Resource Limit error that hit Monday night should be fixable as well, they're freeing up more resources on our hosting.

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/917-official-2014-from-long-range-tipping-competition/

No it's not

After you post though it doesn't take you back into the thread, instead it gives you the 500 error. However your post is still there.

Ok who broke blitz this time

The 'sessions' table was corrupted and needed to be repaired, if you must know.

Just looking to give my boss context around my brief periods of increased productivity

So only some threads affected? like 'Marijuana legal in 2 US States following Uruguay legalisation'

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/775-marijuana-legal-in-2-us-states-following-uruguay-legalisation/

Yeah the Internal Server Errors (ISE's) are a separate issue we're looking into fixing.

Send an email.

Could always route pm's through you!

Too much Leisure Suite Larry hey Rolo

getting a lot of "520 server errors" or similar at various times, and then it shows a cached, non-active page.

getting a lot of "520 server errors" or similar at various times, and then it shows a cached, non-active page.

Yep, same here. Quite often the page just won't load and through to that page you go.

sorry if this is already known, but I click "View new Content' and am told "Sorry, no new content found', when there is definitely new content.

sorry if this is already known, but I click "View new Content' and am told "Sorry, no new content found', when there is definitely new content.

That's an error that has been on this version of the forum since inception. I find you just need to click it twice, because sometimes it switches from searching for new content to searching for new members.

I took Blitz down to run a series of cleanup tools on the backend. There's no guarantee they'll fix anything but they're worth a shot.

Right now I'm trying to solve two issues:

1. Was the database somehow impacted in the move to the new host and

2. Is the new host unable to adequately serve Blitz

because at the moment the problems we're having could be related to both. There are strong indications the hosting I switched to was not as sufficient as was intended and so will need to be upgraded which I can take care of.

Sorry for the repeated down time folks, it's pretty ordinary.

I took Blitz down to run a series of cleanup tools on the backend. There's no guarantee they'll fix anything but they're worth a shot.

Right now I'm trying to solve two issues:

1. Was the database somehow impacted in the move to the new host and

2. Is the new host unable to adequately serve Blitz

because at the moment the problems we're having could be related to both. There are strong indications the hosting I switched to was not as sufficient as was intended and so will need to be upgraded which I can take care of.

Sorry for the repeated down time folks, it's pretty ordinary.

don't be harsh on yourself. you guys do an awesome job on this site and if people can't handle an hour ow two without it, they can EAD.

Can you time it so it doesn't happen while I'm at work?

The horror.  The horror.

[quote name=“premature rookie elevation” post=“131880” timestamp=“1393207657”][quote name=“Riolio” post=“131879” timestamp=“1393207067”], they can EAD.[/quote]

HOW MANY ■■■■?

Can you time it so it happens while I'm at work?

No worries, Wim, everyone can blame you from now on instead of Rolo and I