Bags Hartley Dea

Gleeson Hurley McKenna

Colyer Watson Tippa

Raz Daniher Zaka

Green Hooker LaVerde

Leuey Zerrett Heppell

Parish Stanton Goddard Kelly

Emg: McGrath, Ambrose, Langford

Picked Dea ahead of Ambrose, not the most skillfull but does provide something on rebound, Ambrose is pure lockdown with no offensive weapons

McKenna in to provide some pace in the back half, 2-3 on the bench who could cover that position if it isnt working

Both Colyer and Tippa starting a bit higher up as i think our first choice midfield lacks pace aswell

Bored so i'll have a go

Bags Hartley Dea

Gleeson Hurley McKenna

Colyer Watson Tippa

Raz Daniher Zaka

Green Hooker LaVerde

Leuey Zerrett Heppell

Picked Dea ahead of Ambrose, not the most skillfull but does provide something on rebound, Ambrose is pure lockdown with no offensive weapons

McKenna in to provide some pace in the back half, 2-3 on the bench who could cover that position if it isnt working

Both Colyer and Tippa starting a bit higher up as i think our first choice midfield lacks pace aswell

Just out of curiosity, and this is in no way a criticism, why do you choose Lav over Lang? Lav through no fault of his own hasn’t shown much due to injuries whilst The Lang has looked quite capable in the forward line.

Myers and bellchambers out potentially makes this easier

B: Baguley, Ambrose, McGrath
HB: Kelly Hurley Goddard
C: Zaharakis, Watson, Colyer
HF: Parish Daniher, Tippa
F: Fantasia, Hooker, Green
Foll: Leuenberger, D Heppell, Z Merrett
Bench: Hocking, Stanton, Gleeson, Langford

EMG: Howlett, Laverde, Dea

We probably need langford in for a bit more height, though i have him as still fringe best 22.
Going with the old veteran backline - Baguley, Kelly, Goddard. Defensive positioning and smarts beats speed IMO, bulldogs similar - Boyd, Murphy.

If bellchambers fit i would play 2 rucks and him forward.
I dont think McKernan or Stewart are up to it yet. but if Leuy needs a spell might need to bring one of them in.
Relief ruck - Daniher / Ambrose

I think the round 1 team will be pretty close to this.

TBell is already doing “agility” work, so he might be ready for JLT3. But I really dont think that is enough of a hit out for him to get enough match fitness to play Round 1 tbh, given that he has been seen as a bit of a Galapagos Tortoise in past seasons he has to prove he can move around the ground and run out a game .

T-Bell is weeks away from joining full training and then he’ll need two or three weeks at this level before playing competitive footy - He’s a million miles from JLT 3.

Might not get too much of a look in with Mcgrath on the list. Theyll want to pump as many games as possible into Andy for media while Connor will also have to compete with the other half back flankers like Stants, Morgan, Ridley and Jerrett. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him traded at the end of the year. Which would be a shame, but theres just so much competition for spots. Especially in the backline.

FFS he won’t be traded as he has speed and only young. Ridley is a tall player and not a flanker.

He would be a tempting prospect for alot of clubs who are not as blessed as us for running defenders. He is in his last year of being a Category B Rookie and if by the end of the year, he is not getting regular game time, he might seek an opportunity elsewhere for more time in the seniors. its not that far a stretch of the imagination to think Connor might feel more valuable elsewhere. For what its worth, i think Jerrett could be in the same boat

Conor McKenna was elevated to the senior list. Not sure of his contract status, but he is no longer a Rookie !

He is one of our more attacking defenders along with Tippa when he was a defender and it seems Marty has been asked to be more attacking. According to Champion Data Conor kicked as many goals as he conceded in 2016, by continually pushing forward with run and carry. In addition, McKenna is said to be an OK man on man defender. I dont know what role they defined for him, but I was not “over impressed” with his defensive work. but the stats say it is not “bad” .

Whilst he may not line up in round 1 as best 22, he is on the cusp of selection if we need to add speed and aggression off half back.
Lets see how he goes on Sunday.

Where are these stats coming from?

Ivan, dont waste $40 of you hard earned buying the Champion Data Prospectus. I am keeping it in case I run out of toilet paper.

Continually people aren't picking 3 tall defenders in their sides.

Hawks will have Roughead, Vickery (f/r) and
Gunston.

Hurley, Hartley and Ambrose will play.

Edit. Who plays on Rioli, Poppy and Bruest is the big question though.

Baguley and Kelly are certainties IMO, then it’s out of Gleeson, Dea, McGrath or McKenna.

:’(

We’re gonna get torched by Rioli, Poo, and Breu and we all know it.

Their smalls are about the worst matchup for us in the comp.

Might not get too much of a look in with Mcgrath on the list. Theyll want to pump as many games as possible into Andy for media while Connor will also have to compete with the other half back flankers like Stants, Morgan, Ridley and Jerrett. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him traded at the end of the year. Which would be a shame, but theres just so much competition for spots. Especially in the backline.

FFS he won’t be traded as he has speed and only young. Ridley is a tall player and not a flanker.

He would be a tempting prospect for alot of clubs who are not as blessed as us for running defenders. He is in his last year of being a Category B Rookie and if by the end of the year, he is not getting regular game time, he might seek an opportunity elsewhere for more time in the seniors. its not that far a stretch of the imagination to think Connor might feel more valuable elsewhere. For what its worth, i think Jerrett could be in the same boat

Conor McKenna was elevated to the senior list. Not sure of his contract status, but he is no longer a Rookie !

He is one of our more attacking defenders along with Tippa when he was a defender and it seems Marty has been asked to be more attacking. According to Champion Data Conor kicked as many goals as he conceded in 2016, by continually pushing forward with run and carry. In addition, McKenna is said to be an OK man on man defender. I dont know what role they defined for him, but I was not “over impressed” with his defensive work. but the stats say it is not “bad” .

Whilst he may not line up in round 1 as best 22, he is on the cusp of selection if we need to add speed and aggression off half back.

Ivan, dont waste $40 of you hard earned buying the Champion Data Prospectus. I am keeping it in case I run out of toilet paper.

I got one for free one year and enjoyed it for about half an hour and then never open it again. Have never actually bought one.

Now if you could buy a subscription to their in season stats online for $40 you can bet I would.

I got one for free one year and enjoyed it for about half an hour and then never open it again. Have never actually bought one.

Now if you could buy a subscription to their in season stats online for $40 you can bet I would.

That Ming vase I use as a doorstop. I am thinking the prospectus could be used instead. Much lower risk, except the dog might pee on it.

Yes the full stats that they sell to clubs must be quite something. I do find even the basic stats useful to confirm my impressions of a game, or indicate the players I have missed rating.

Champion Data thinks Houli is an elite defender…

We’ll always have that on them won’t we

Bags Hooker Dea

Hurley Hartley tippa

Parish Watson …
… Daniher Colyer

Green Stewart Raz

Leuey Zerrett Heppell

Kelly …

there’s 5 spots that are a toss up for mine, but that would be my starting 22.

personally i’d prolly have mcgrath on the bench, unless the kid is injured or struggling, no point having ya no.1 draft pic sitting in the twos.

I’d be hoping long takes off this year, cos a fowardline with him green and raz, plus coyler, oh boy.
i’d like francis to be on the bench too, as he can rotate both ends and give breaks.

in reality sadly, the 5 spots remaining will be taken up by
stanton
goodard
howlett
hocking
gleeson

We're gonna get torched by Rioli, Poo, and Breu and we all know it.

Their smalls are about the worst matchup for us in the comp.

And THAT’S why we drafted Andy McGrath.

Thanks Disco

Bored so i'll have a go

Bags Hartley Dea

Gleeson Hurley McKenna

Colyer Watson Tippa

Raz Daniher Zaka

Green Hooker LaVerde

Leuey Zerrett Heppell

Just out of curiosity, and this is in no way a criticism, why do you choose Lav over Lang? Lav through no fault of his own hasn’t shown much due to injuries whilst The Lang has looked quite capable in the forward line.

… Dont ask for a more in depth explanation but for some reason i just see a better footballer in Lav, seems a more dynamic player to me and for whatever reason i always expect something to happen for us when Lav is near the ball
Langers while he has managed to play more football just seems to be more solid citizen than dynamic
I expect both to very good players but to me Lav is the more creative exciting player

Myers and bellchambers out potentially makes this easier

B: Baguley, Ambrose, Hartley
HB: Kelly, Hurley, Gleeson
C: Zaharakis, Watson, Parish
HF: Colyer, Daniher, Tippa
F: Fantasia, Hooker, Green
Foll: Leuenberger, D Heppell, Z Merrett
Bench: Hocking, Stanton, Goddard, Langford

EMG: McGrath, Howlett, Dea

We probably need langford in for a bit more height, though i have him as still fringe best 22.
Going with the old veteran backline - Baguley, Kelly, Goddard. Defensive positioning and smarts beats speed IMO, bulldogs similar - Boyd, Murphy.

If bellchambers fit i would play 2 rucks and him forward.
I dont think McKernan or Stewart are up to it yet. but if Leuy needs a spell might need to bring one of them in.
Relief ruck - Daniher / Ambrose

This is getting very close to a consensus rd 1 best 22 - Myers had been a divisive presence which sadly is no longer an issue. Assuming his injury/form is ok, I would bring Hartley in for more height in the backline - likely for McGrath. A couple of other changes in position as shown above.

Dea vs Bags is a toss of a coin for me, but I think for team balance Bags stays (ie, i think Bags is more suited to the smallest forward).

Belly is an interesting one - I would want to see a full recovery from his injury and consistent/solid form in the twos for a period before bringing him in.

Hope to see each of McGrath, Francis, Laverde pushing to come into that team in the early rounds, and all of Stewart, Redman, Morgan, Ridley, Begley, Long, McKenna, McNeice, Mutch and Clarke showing solid form in the VFL over a period of time with a potential for games in the back half of the year.

Howlett, Bird, Brown and McKernan are very useful depth players (as Myers will be upon return from injury) - I wouldn’t be surprised (or disappointed) to see Howlett in particular playing early on. I rate him as a small-medium marking forward.

Forward line is too fast.

Bags Hooker Dea

Hurley Hartley tippa

Parish Watson …
… Daniher Colyer

Green Stewart Raz

Leuey Zerrett Heppell

Kelly …

personally i’d prolly have mcgrath on the bench, unless the kid is injured or struggling, no point having ya no.1 draft pic sitting in the twos.

I’d be hoping long takes off this year, cos a fowardline with him green and raz, plus coyler, oh boy.
i’d like francis to be on the bench too, as he can rotate both ends and give breaks.

stanton
goodard
howlett
hocking
gleeson

I’d hate to be seen as perdantic, because if you know me in real life I’m far from it. However, your use of the word prolly is really bugging me. Could you please stop it so I can finish reading your posts?

Bored so i'll have a go

Bags Hartley Dea

Gleeson Hurley McKenna

Colyer Watson Tippa

Raz Daniher Zaka

Green Hooker LaVerde

Leuey Zerrett Heppell

… Dont ask for a more in depth explanation but for some reason i just see a better footballer in Lav, seems a more dynamic player to me and for whatever reason i always expect something to happen for us when Lav is near the ball
Langers while he has managed to play more football just seems to be more solid citizen than dynamic
I expect both to very good players but to me Lav is the more creative exciting player

Cheers mate. That makes sense.

Bags Hooker Dea

Hurley Hartley tippa

Parish Watson …
… Daniher Colyer

Green Stewart Raz

Leuey Zerrett Heppell

Kelly …

stanton
goodard
howlett
hocking
gleeson

You’re consistently such a ray of sunshine DKP.

Bags Hooker Dea

Hurley Hartley tippa

Parish Watson …
… Daniher Colyer

Green Stewart Raz

Leuey Zerrett Heppell

Kelly …

stanton
goodard
howlett
hocking
gleeson

I’d hate to be seen as perdantic, because if you know me in real life I’m far from it. However, your use of the word prolly is really bugging me. Could you please stop it so I can finish reading your posts?

Like you I am also not normally pedantic, but I could not resist pointing this one out. :slight_smile:

Continually people aren't picking 3 tall defenders in their sides.

Hawks will have Roughead, Vickery (f/r) and
Gunston.

Hurley, Hartley and Ambrose will play.

Edit. Who plays on Rioli, Poppy and Bruest is the big question though.

Baguley and Kelly are certainties IMO, then it’s out of Gleeson, Dea, McGrath or McKenna.

McKenna did very well on Rioli last year

:’(

I didn’t have Gleeson in mine, and really that’s an oversight. Statistically he has improved each year so there is no reason he won’t continue to do the same. It was a glorified praccy match sure, but I did like him getting more involved running down the ground and (just) hitting the scoreboard.
He’s in for mine and if he can manage 10 goals or so from the backline, then he will further add to his value