Post-draft Best 22

Agreed. But not right now.

If the Hartley at FB progression doesn’t track to where they want we will either go after another FB from another club, or target another contested marking big bodied kpf (i.e. Patton - again, think he re-signed though) and move Hooker back.

Should be far easier to extract a kpd from another club than a kpf however if came to that situation.

Although how about Tom Lynch in, Hooker back?

One can dream.

I think Hartley stil has plenty of improvement in him however so we shall see how his 2018 goes.

I was expecting us to trade one of Hartley, Ambrose or Brown. KPD is the most depth we have on our list, considering we can also run Hooker, Francis, Dea, Gleeson, Ridley through there.

Someone will get a lot less game time than they deserve. With other clubs desperate to fill KPD slots, it’s a very fortunate position to be in.

As much as we rate these guys, none of them would have attracted more than a 3rd/4th round pick. If that.

It’s the quality of our key backs that’s the problem, not the quantity

2 Likes

Only one Parish, AND he’s on the HFF.
Certain Blitzers won’t be happy.

B: McGrath Hooker Hurley
HB: McKenna, Hurley, Saad
C: McGrath Heppell© Parish
HF:Fanta JoeDan Walla
F; Stringer Hooker Fanta
R: Joe Dan Zerret Stringer
Int: Walla Zaharkis McGrath Stringer

Agreed. We wouldn’t have got much, maybe a pick upgrade if anything. But it isn’t a bad position to be in to have that depth.

I cant wait for the footy to start.

2 Likes

Everything is better with more TIPPA.

Also, nice CHF you’ve got there. You really don’t like Hooker forward, do you?

1 Like

B: McGrath Hartley Gleeson

HB: Saad Hurley McKenna

C: Zaharakis Heppell Smith

HF: Fantasia Daniher Stringer

F: Tippa Hooker. Begley

R: Bellchambers, Parish, Zerrett

Int: Myers, Goddard, Colyer, Laverde

For me, it depends on how we go with Stringer/Stewart. I am reluctant however, to fark with an impressive 3-tall/3-small setup that when available, worked so impressively and caused other defenses so much grief last year. But I’m a realist. If Stewart can take up Hooker’s place and Stringer+Langford balance it out, then I’m happy to have Hooker’s intercept quality and size/nous in the back-line. I’m not totally comfortable with Hartley. Should he improve this year, it would change my opinion on Hooker’s position. Our depth defenders are all more Hurley-like than Hooker-like.

Serious answer to two non-serious posts, given you put all of the Hooker and all of the Hurley in the back six…

And what I should have clarified was who was actually named first ruck in that 18…

You chose Lav over Stewart?

Gah games confused.

JoeDan is going to chop JoeDan out for a spell.

I just couldn’t work out why, at best, Joe D was named as ruckrover.

JoeDan is everything to everyone.

1 Like

Line ball… want as many guys as possible who can rotate through the middle. If Laverde can do that and kick goals then why not? Stewart needs to become a stronger marking threat this year.

He is so good that he can play every position.

Hooker: If he can save more than he kicks he goes back. And vice versa