Post Game Freo v Essendon

Wowee.

Very flattering scoreline to say the least. We were woeful.

Lots of work to do.

Raped early by umpires again and played catch up.

Whipping boy votes:

1. Zaharakis
  2. Ambrose
  3. Melksham

Hams misses out seeing as it was his 1st full game.

For the love of god, please bring Fantasia, Browne or Laverde in next week so I can have something to look forward too. Mind you we’ll probably Essington them and turn them into fumbly, indecisive and boring footballers within a quarter.

Yep, umpires were definitely the reason we lost this week. Carry on, we’ll magically turn it around for the rest of the season.

For the love of god, please bring Fantasia, Browne or Laverde in next week so I can have something to look forward too..

Going on last week’s VFL performance, Browne playing seniors next week is about as likely as Michael Jackson singing at the Grand Final.

Wholesale changes required. Needs to be atleast 4 on the chopping block this week. That was simply unacceptable

It was the wrong time to face Freo. Fyfe, Sandy and Pav are all fit and firing. They are just too good.

Yep, umpires were definitely the reason we lost this week. Carry on, we'll magically turn it around for the rest of the season.

The guys were in every contest and 50/50 bullshit softcock decisions went their way!!

For the love of god, please bring Fantasia, Browne or Laverde in next week so I can have something to look forward too..

Going on last week’s VFL performance, Browne playing seniors next week is about as likely as Michael Jackson singing at the Grand Final.

Not gonna name names but we’ve been carrying spuds for years now and gifted undeserving players games for long periods of time. I wanna see Browne in for a handful of games to see if he cuts the mustard.

The game plan is ■■■■■…there is far too much emphasis on sideways movement and all good sides use the time we are going sideways to get back and pack our forward line.

Dunstall made a good comment tonight…if you’re going to move the ball sideways, the player receiving it has to be able to play on and open up the ground.

We are so farking slow moving it sideways that a snail could get back and cover our forwards.

I know Hird places great stock in the defensive side of the game but we seem to COMPLETELY lack any attacking sense at all…it’s like all of the players are scared to deviate from whatever the game plan is.

While we continue to play in this manner, we will continue to go backwards.

here’s a big chance for a anyone who wants to put their hand up tomorrow.

I’ve never seen us smashed at both the tap and roving aspects of stoppage work - so consistently and so greatly - EVER.

There were 3 or 4 which we just didn’t contest the tap for nor stand within 2 metres of the eventual Fremantle tap recipient?

It got to “bizarre” levels.

How do you make 65 tackles but get only 1 holding the ball/illegal disposal free kick?

Feel as flat as a tack.

We are so far away from a flag right now.

Too many players are being picked in the side by name only not on form

The players wanted to be able to play footy “saga free”. We played with more spirit and heart when it was hanging over our heads.

If Hirdy is the man(which i think he is)to lead us to a flag in the future he will shows some stones and make a statement at selection.

3-3 next 5 games before the bye are North, Brisbane, Richmond, Geelong and WCE at subi.

2 losses, 2 50/50 and 1 “we should win but who the ■■■■ knows”

Could be 4-7 or 5/6 going into the bye, pretty poor.

50/50 interstate go the WA teams 90% of the time.

Thank fark I only watched the first quarter then followed the last 3 on blitz!

Clearest evidence we’ve had that we don’t back ourselves to take on a high-pressure defence and burst it apart. Once Freo dropped off we suddenly had the confidence to run and gun.

But the skill level right now just won’t allow us to execute it when the game is hot. We don’t trust ourselves to hit up targets at full tilt, and there were so many examples tonight of how we can’t do it even when we want to.

I haven’t seen us play so fumbly. And that’s skills affected by second guessing and anticipating a lack of support from your teammates. It’s gotta be one in all in, but we have too many guys out there who certainly aren’t “all in”. It’s disheartening to watch.