Post Port Honour Conor Review Thread

If @SplitRound would get on with the game day thread graph we’d know!

Hep played a great game, but that was a dreadful missed kick to Fanta which resulted in that goal.

The margin then reduced to 21 pts and they were right back in the game.
Thankfully we kicked the next to steady.
My 73yo mum could have made that kick !

It’s a parody account. Fitting as they are a parody club.

Thank you for reminding me of Green’s set shot at goal.
FFS FFS!

Merrett’s kicking skills are absolutely superb.

3 Likes

FFS indeed !
Firstly, he was trying to put himself on a far more difficult angle than the ump was.
Then he chose a banana when he had oodles of daylight to kick a standard drop punt from 12metres out.

I like the way he is playing though.

Merrett’s kicking skills on the run are absolutely superb.

1 Like

Watching this game with 3x Cyclops power supporters, the game couldn’t have been any more perfect.

Oh, apart from them all having to don the dons jumper and post facebook apologies to their friends and families for supporting inferior teams post-match. Even Hartlett caved in and gave it a sour like.

ClunkCity and Beachcomber were massive, Conor McGregor could save us 750k a year but I need to actually rewatch it again to write anything substantial because I’m still half cut and remember barely anything.

Oh the joys to come from watching it for first time again

11 Likes

I do, too.
But there’s nothing more frustrating than seeing a top level footballer avoid, I mean by running around or snapping, a shot at goal that an under 13 would kick with his eyes closed.

2 Likes

Some posts need more than a like.

2 Likes

Watching tippa, raz and mckenna absolutely scramble around is such a pleasure.

1 Like

Triple m commentary > ch7s.

1 Like

Agree, just finished watching the replay. Zemplis is atrocious. Must have mis-called names at least a dozen times and his calling just shows no sense of timing or feel for the game.

3 Likes

Thought it was Ebert.

Kudos has to go to our recruiting and development staff.
In the last 4 years we have lost Ryder, Carlol and Crameri from our forward line and they have basically rebuilt it into one of the best in the league.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I would dispute the prejudices bit, but who knows, maybe I’m biased and don’t realise.

I don’t dispute Myers did (and does) some good body work in close. But he’s not starting centre clearances inside, he had a handful of possessions to half time, and his disposal is poor. Several times he handballed to ground or kicked blindly. This is not the Myers of old. Myers at his best is a big solution to the clearance issues we’ve had, and a weapon with his disposal. He is miles off that. With Langford playing well in the VFL, I would replace big midfielder with big midfielder and hope Myers finds form in the seconds. This move would also allow Langford experience at senior level, which he appears to have earned with his form.

On Gleeson, I think a few here saw what they wanted to see. @Windsockboy, you say he provided good spread in the first half. I don’t know how many he had in the first half, but he finished with 11 disposals for the game, including 7 kicks. I find your statement doesn’t appear likely, and certainly I saw little of it at the ground. @Tezza_the_King, you said he is the designated intercept mark. He took 4 marks this week - none of which were contested.

I’ll admit I had it in for Gleeson from relatively early in the game. There was a play where the port players pretty much waltzed around him (it was easier to see at the ground on the member’s wing than on TV), and he just strolled after him. He’d just been beaten, and the door was now open, and he wasn’t angry enough to put it all on the line. I’ll admit I was less than impressed.

But that is the problem. Gleeson got strolled around then. Later another player strolled around him, brushing off Gleeson’s attempted tackle. Twice he got fended off - sure one was possibly high, but he was nowhere near beating it. He didn’t get it much, yet had 2 clangers *. I just don’t think he added much last night, and a stronger player who could have stopped one or two of those runs would have helped us a great deal, even if they got no more possessions.

'* On a side note, how do they measure disposal efficiency? Gleeson is recorded as 100%, yet also had two clangers. There was that rubbish kick on the wing at least, which he then went and chased down himself. So how did he get 100%?

1 Like

Someone please tell me they put down a lil with those $3.65 odds

2 Likes

dingus did. and i think fairybread

1 Like

Right at the start Basil says “Gleeson… he’s having a good year…”

What’s that Vonnegut quote? “We have to keep uor voiceboxes moving, just in case there’s ever something important to say”

4 Likes