Post Port Honour Conor Review Thread

I believe that clangers don’t have to be disposals. Getting caught HTB, deliberate out of bounds, dropping an uncontested mark, things like that. Disposal efficiency is not the same as “was that a good kick”. I can’t remember the exact definitions but things like a kick over a certain distance (40m?) that ends in a stoppage is recorded as efficient. So is kicking a point from a set shot 10m out directly in front, because it’s a scoring shot.

Shanking a kick, chasing it down yourself, then getting caught holding the ball could well be recorded as an effective kick (because the team kept possession) and a clanger.

Someone will probably know for sure what the current definitions are and correct me.

3 Likes

Most impressive thing is we hadn’t kicked a goal 3 minutes in
6 in 9 minutes is a fair old blitz.

1 Like

Nah.

Quiet $60 @ 3.75 tho…

1 Like

THE Robbie gray free kick that got them their first goal is one of the all time shocking calls. Goddard grabs him for about a quarter of a second, Gray’s arms go up in the air and he starts crying, ball is bounced, free kick. Kidding me? Goddard should’ve treated that umpire like a big bowl of PRETZELS.

6 Likes

Went to grab a cold one from the fridge when ebert was having a shot. get back and tippas just banged one through.

was gone for all of 5 seconds

1 Like

Watching the replay, Gleeson’s gotten the turnover for us 3 times so far, all 3 of which lead to scoring shots, and his man hasn’t had a shot himself. Not bad for someone who had a howler.

7 Likes

I’m just working on some code to make the process of recording the data a bit more streamlined.

2 Likes

The most impressive thing for me last night was we scored 19 goals and not one goal between Fantasia and Green…good signs.

4 Likes

Connor McKenna and his Clan.
Awesome real :slight_smile:

Yeah brings tears to the eyes.

The one 2 minutes into the 2nd, just their side of the centre square ??
Completely wrong footed by an odd bounce from a spilled mark, which went straight into Wingard’s lap. Did well to lay a finger on him IMO. Never in the chase. Not sure it had anything to do with effort.

Parish!

1 Like

Yes. The guy is a cat. Can’t stand him.

No, it was first quarter. Heading towards the city end.

I was flirting with watching the replay again at some stage. I’ll pay especial attention to Gleeson if I do to see if I get him wrong or right.

1 Like

■■■■■■■■ bricks!

1 Like

The mate I was at the game with had 50 on a +40 win. Ahhhh thank you.

1 Like

I chucked a 50 on them

2 Likes

Watched it a few times, pretty sure Hartley reaches out and grabs his jumper. Happens 1,000 times a game, definitely and evener upper for them being so ■■■■.

I found Stabby the Rabbit after the game!!!

18 Likes

Just watched the replay. Some of the handballing in close to relase a player through the corridor was amazing. Some of the best I have seen and reminded me of Geelong during their premiership era. It was not port were bad pressuring it was just lightning quick handball and brilliant overlap run.

9 Likes