Post Port Honour Conor Review Thread

During the game they said Northern England. A slip of the tongue.

Then during a post match interview with Conor they apologised for the slip up, but then immediately started referring to Northern Ireland a couple of times. Conor corrected them by saying something like ‘it’s just Ireland’. So yes, it was about NI and ROI.

And yes I am picking fights with commentators. People often say “we get the politicians we deserve”. Well I think it is the same with footy commentators.

In general the footy commentators we have are a disgrace, especially the ‘special comments’ guys who are usually retired players. They are supposed to provide special comments but they are ill prepared, make basic mistakes, they are inconsistent and contradictory and say things that don’t make sense or are just plan wrong. They obviously do no research beyond the weeks headlines in the newspapers.

I don’t expect them to be rocket scientists or know everything there is to know about the world. But if you are going to focus on a player’s attribute (eg where they come from) by talking about it during an interview, then at least have a bit of a clue about what you are saying or talking about.

14 Likes

They are getting paid a pretty penny to do the job too. At least do some ■■■■■■■ research or get some coaching on commentary.

“For fark sake Ch7. Do any of you know that Ireland and Northern Ireland are two completely separate countries? Disrespectful morons all of them.”

You’re direct quote

“Then during a post match interview with Conor they apologised for the slip up, but then immediately started referring to Northern Ireland a couple of times. Conor corrected them by saying something like ‘it’s just Ireland’. So yes, it was about NI and ROI.”

Also your direct quote

Which one is it mate? What’s your gripe here?
They did fine in this situation, yeah they call the game terribly at times and I’m as ready as anyone to say they are being knobheads…this wasn’t one of those times, whereas you’re being the drunk bloke deliberately bumping into people at the pub so you can start a punch on with them

BJ sounded so up and about after the match…so now I see - all it takes to melt Mr Intense is a 70 point win.

100% agree with this. Carlton, Richmond and Melbourne all blocked the corridor and played a spare that we continued to dump on all game when we couldn’t move the ball they way we wanted. Sydney is a great test for us, it will be a far more conjested and contested game, we need to show we can win when we don’t have the room to move. The most impressive part of our win was our hands in congestion, as someone said previously when we play really well it reminds a Geelong 2008/9. Very excited about what we can bring in the second half and starting to just allow myself to ponder the F word.

1 Like

I Literally shake my head at people excited that we are in the 8. I heard it Saturday night, people were extatic that we have pushed up the ladder inside 8.

Just a heads up, if most other clubs have played less games… the ladder position isn’t relevant.

2 Likes

We’ll most likely end up 8th or 9th by the end of next weekend

Get thee to thy lid on thread.

4 Likes

Especially in June.

5 Likes

My http://www.efc.16mb.com/ link to the replays has been captured by a group called hostinger.co.uk, wanting me to sign up.
How do I get rid of them?

1 Like

Reminds me a touch of Aussie Jones for me… 90s Saints half back. All Australian I think.
Danger is a serious monster, he’s twice the size of Conor.

Take out the www

Harltey’s kicking in this game is worth a mention. Kicked with real penatration to set up transition. Reminded me a bit of dusty actually with those enormous, inch perfect, switches to the outer wing

2 Likes

Yes, it’s refer to plan A.

Well, we ARE in the 8!

2 Likes

Im excited that we have won in June

2 Likes

Thanks HAP, but no luck.
Still redirected to hostinger.

Is there a limit to how many times the link can work or something like that? No good for me either.

Our forward line is like the Hydra. Subdue one goal kicker, and another two takes its place. All hail Hydra!

4 Likes

Must be on your end. works fine for me.

1 Like