Post Port Honour Conor Review Thread

Most, if not all, of our games from this year seem to be on this channel.

16 Likes

Seems we got up someone’s nose and then, had the cheek to thrash them. Very unpopular.

1 Like

I wonder if the Banner makers understand the irony when they sing “Never tear us apart?”

4 Likes

Excellent

I don’t think they’d get it. I did.

He called Conor green, really?

3 Likes

They look so alike!

1 Like

Wait… that wasn’t an Irish joke?

3 Likes

I was wondering why he waited so long to say McKenna and then boom he says Green! :confused:

1 Like

Basil Clueless

Just watching the replay again. Howlett may not have gotten a lot of the ball, but his work to protect the ball carrier with little blocks was fantastic. In just the first quarter alone there were a handful of times were he could have easily called for the ball (like many others do) but instead busted his gut to block the Port player from getting into tackle. Really good team play, and on that alone he should be kept in the team.

8 Likes

I thought he was ok, and as you said did some great stuff around the ball. But if Parish is coming back in (which he should), its either him or Myers getting the chop.

Frankly, I said for years that when Howlett was really depth rather than best 22, the team would finally be going places. That might be coming true. But the thing to remember is, even premiership teams need some good solid depth, as all teams have injuries.

1 Like

It is a tough one, because Parish is an automatic in. Who goes out is difficult because Myers has the bigger upside compared with Howlett but he needs a fair bit of time to get back to his hest. For Myers I do not think he can go back to the VFL to regain AFL match form because he is too big and strong and can just muscle through at that level. Also he has had trouble with the speed of the game too. All of these things mean he has to be persisted with and have the games at AFL level to get back to his best.

Either way pretty tough for anyone to be dropped after a 70 point flogging.

2 Likes

Not so sure i agree with that. Maybe once, but these days it is a little different.

Best colours in the league for representing poo & wee.

1 Like