Posting Links Policy

Recently I was reminded not to post links alone, but to post the whole article.for outside articles and this is a good policy,  however I believe based on the same reasoning,  we should only post links to the EFC website.   If an increased  number of hits to the EFC website benefits the club, (marketing, sponsorship/ site advertising)  then we should be hitting it big time,  and only post links to articles on the EFC site.

Wadaya rekon Mods?

Recently I was reminded not to post links alone, but to post the whole article.for outside articles and this is a good policy,  however I believe based on the same reasoning,  we should only post links to the EFC website.   If an increased  number of hits to the EFC website benefits the club, (marketing, sponsorship/ site advertising)  then we should be hitting it big time,  and only post links to articles on the EFC site.

Wadaya rekon Mods?

I think the point is to make sure you link to source for legal/plagiarism reasons. If you post the article and the link, there's no need to use the link anyway. Is just there to confirm where article came from. 

Wadaya rekon Mods?

I think the point is to make sure you link to source for legal/plagiarism reasons. If you post the article and the link, there's no need to use the link anyway. Is just there to confirm where article came from. 

Yes  Mod. Zimmer  well I had an extended PM exchange with another  Mod who said the policy is not for legal / plagiarism reasons.  

The reason I was given is that the link takes you back to the source,  and they get clicks which we dont want,  unless of course its the EFC website,  where we want lots of clicks.... See my point?

I respect the policy and will follow it, but as consequence  of the reasons given me before ,  my proposal seems logical.

Wadaya rekon Mods?

Yes  Mod. Zimmer  well I had an extended PM exchange with another  Mod who said the policy is not for legal / plagiarism reasons.  

The reason I was given is that the link takes you back to the source,  and they get clicks which we dont want,  unless of course its the EFC website,  where we want lots of clicks.... See my point?

I respect the policy and will follow it, but as consequence  of the reasons given me before ,  my proposal seems logical.

Fair enough. No need to get knickers knotted. I was just positing my understanding of the policy. Do whatever you want. I'm sure your proposal will radically change the face of online media as we know it. 

The primary reason for the policy is legal advice that it limits possible plagiarism / copyright claims.