Posting newspaper articles

Is it possible to make a rule, or at least make a directive, that before anyone posts a newspaper article, to at least read the thread to make sure it hasn't been posted at least 50 times before??

How hard is it to read a thread from where one has left off previously??

"Don't know if this article has been posted before.........but....".........for the.. 237409448th time."

Hahah no one reads threads. Everyone believes that what they have to say is important, but never place even remotely similar importance on the thoughts of others.

Hahah no one reads threads. Everyone believes that what they have to say is important, but never place even remotely similar importance on the thoughts of others.

While that is true to a certain extent, sometimes when you are away from BB for an hour the thread has had 25 pages added to it.

TRaBP's point still stands.

Is it possible to make a rule, or at least make a directive, that before anyone posts a newspaper article, to at least read the thread to make sure it hasn't been posted at least 50 times before??

How hard is it to read a thread from where one has left off previously??

"Don't know if this article has been posted before.........but....".........for the.. 237409448th time."

Lol. People around here can't even wrap their heads around cut and paste the article, then provide the link for verification and aknowledgement of author/source. Now you want them to be able to actually make an effort themselves.

True.

Some people post pictures of elephants in holes even though some others have expressed their distaste. 

:ph34r:

Not everyone's a fan of holes  :rolleyes:

Lol. People around here can't even wrap their heads around cut and paste the article, then provide the link for verification and aknowledgement of author/source. Now you want them to be able to actually make an effort themselves.

Is there an easier way to paste the articles into a semi-decent format? Whenever I copy and paste and article I spend the next 5 minutes (probably on 2-3 actually) getting rid of the junk (newspaper issue, not BB) but also seperating the paragraphs and trying to line things up.

Is there an easier way to paste the articles into a semi-decent format? Whenever I copy and paste and article I spend the next 5 minutes (probably on 2-3 actually) getting rid of the junk (newspaper issue, not BB) but also seperating the paragraphs and trying to line things up.

Lol. Can't say I have to reformat. I just pull out things like :siderbar etc and it's ready to roll.

If I were to copy and paste Jake Nialls article from the Aged it would look like it does below.

I don't know, it just seemed to appear better in the old BB. Maybe newspapers websites have changed their functionality?

FYI - The Link at the bottom comes up automatically...I did not know that

Another sport is competing with cricket for public attention in the early summer. It's a lively, multi-media game with widespread appeal and promoted by Jeff Kennett. It's called ''Get Demetriou.''

The purpose of this sport is to inflict maximum damage on Andrew Demetriou and his second in command at the AFL, Gillon McLachlan, over their handling of the Essendon drugs scandal. The assumption of most observers inside the AFL tent, including clubland, is that the campaign has been mounted, or tacitly supported, by close supporters of James Hird, what has become known as ''the Hird camp''.

If this assessment is correct - and the AFL administration certainly believes this to be the case - then those acting in Hird's supposed interests aren't doing him, or the recovering Bombers, any favours. Yes, the campaign is hurting Demetriou, who did not have his best year, but it is not in any way helpful to Hird or to the club that has agreed to employ him as coach in 2014 and 2015.

Essendon does not need to spend December and January engulfed in more discussion of the most embarrassing episode in club history. It is trying to move on from the supplements saga, for the sake of its players, sponsors, supporters and even for the game's sake. This is why it reached a settlement with the AFL, even though it felt unfairly treated.

Advertisement

On Wednesday, Essendon unveiled several of its new recruits, including Paul Chapman and first draft pick Zach Merrett, at the club's new facility at the airport. Unfortunately for the Dons, any positive gains from this standard exercise in selling hope was overpowered by more salacious News Ltd stories about inducements allegedly made to Hird in order to get him to accept a 12-month stretch in exile.

It is not the job of journalists, of course, to concern themselves with Essendon's, or any club's, best interests and this paper would be hypocritical to suggest that the media pedal softly on this subject or pull punches. But it's quite a different story for those who facilitate, by provision of information, the anti-Demetriou agenda. It's hard to see how Essendon - and by extension Hird - can gain from belting the AFL boss. Demetriou is an easy target in that he is not popular with the broader public. No one barracks for him, or the AFL, as the saying goes. That said, Essendon needs to heal its relationship with head office, and Hird's position - and tarnished image - would be improved by taking a more conciliatory path. He would be wise, indeed, to seek out Demetriou, or Mike Fitzpatrick, for a quiet cup of coffee at some stage. If Hird is too angry and upset and his supporters hell-bent on vengeance, they should heed the Chinese proverb: ''If you want revenge, dig yourself two holes.''

It's possible that Demetriou won't be at the helm for much longer and that Hird will see him out, and perhaps the campaign will damage McLachlan's chances of succession. But attacks on Demetriou and the AFL - arguably including Fitzpatrick's role - don't go down well with the other AFL commissioners. Fairfax Media understands that commissioners were less than impressed with the Hird camp's handling of his role in the scandal and his reluctance to accept responsibility. The same commissioners accepted as genuine and sincere - and impressive - the apology Hird made before them in August. Many of them will remain on the AFL board, even if Demetriou leaves soon.

Essendon needs to do ''whatever it takes'' to put this horrible year behind it. Hird, or those behind ''Get Demetriou'', ought to do the same.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/get-demetriou-a-new-sport-that-is-hurting-bombers-20131205-2yu03.html#ixzz2mdTsu9Aw

Toggling the entry box to plain text/code before posting should strip most of the formatting?

Toggling the entry box to plain text/code before posting should strip most of the formatting?

Seems to have done the trick.

Thanks DJR