Potential Future Captain

Just to try and get everyones mind off whats happening today. Im curious to know what everyone thinks of who will get it when Watson hands it down.

So just judging off our current playing list, who do you think could  take it in say 3 years time and why?

Heppell, Zaka, Hurley, Fletcher?

The next captain hasn't been born yet.

heppel will be the obvious choice.

zaka/howlet will be like stanton and just miss out.

Hocking, Myers, Carlisle, Hurley, Heppell

Gotta be Kommer. :)

I definitely think leadership wise hurley and heppell are the standouts for now. Though at the this time its pretty hard to call. Ive heard alot of people say that they think if Zaka develops into a consistent top performer that he definitely has the potential to become captain.

If only Goddard was 4 - 5 years younger.

Hurley and Heppell in 2 years could be captain and vice captain, but do they have the players ears?

I look at the players who have really stood up when this whole world has gone to ■■■■ and the name that keeps popping into my head is Melksham. Laugh all you want but I think he has shown a lot over the last 5 or 6 weeks and if he keeps going the way he is will be a real leader by this time next year.

I look at the players who have really stood up when this whole world has gone to **** and the name that keeps popping into my head is Melksham. Laugh all you want but I think he has shown a lot over the last 5 or 6 weeks and if he keeps going the way he is will be a real leader by this time next year.

Not completely off the mark.

He's really stepped up, and so has Heppell.

Fletch will have earned it.

I look at the players who have really stood up when this whole world has gone to **** and the name that keeps popping into my head is Melksham. Laugh all you want but I think he has shown a lot over the last 5 or 6 weeks and if he keeps going the way he is will be a real leader by this time next year.

Not completely off the mark.
He's really stepped up, and so has Heppell.
I see Heppell as the captain and Melksham as vice captain.

Give it another 5 years when Jobewan decides to step down and it could well be JDan, his family has form. 

Hepps

Hird will choose Hurley or Heppell I reckon. You can just tell he has massive man love for those guys.

Wouldn't rule out Hocking though. He is everything you want in a future captain imo

Heppell.

I reckon if Hird is coaching it will be Hurley or Heppell. You can just tell he has massive man love for those guys.

Wouldn't rule out Hocking though. He is everything you want in a future captain imo

What? Suspended. 

No question Heppell

I reckon if Hird is coaching it will be Hurley or Heppell. You can just tell he has massive man love for those guys.

What? Suspended. 

no, no no, no. Nothing of the sort. just relax dude. Never meant it like that.

I should of worded it better, I just meant that Hird loves those two guys- so they are my pick as captain.

""runs off to edit original post" don't want to make anybody panic

What? Suspended. 

no, no no, no. Nothing of the sort. just relax dude. Never meant it like that.

I should of worded it better, I just meant that Hird loves those two guys- so they are my pick as captain.

""runs off to edit original post" don't want to make anybody panic

l am relaxed. l was just messing with you. 

Dayle Garlett :slight_smile: