Practice match 4pm (QLD curtains time) Thu 23 Feb 2023 at Gold Coast

lol - my imagination

24 Likes

Ahh ok damn, i got excited about the captaincy part there for a minute thought maybe the club released a mock chat.

1 Like

How old is that photo? Iā€™m convinced there was another training ground there in 2020

1 Like

@aboods is right.
that browny circular patch is a 2nd training oval where I think weā€™ll play.
I saw GWS and Tigers training on it in 2020 and it was in good condition.

1 Like

Good effort by gold coast if they basically control 3 ovals, training and admin facilities, plus the childcare centre just down the street, thatā€™s a lot of land.

On reflection aboods might be right, i got thrown off by bmx place, but maybe itā€™s an old photo. I have seen training sessions where you can basically see the stadium with no stands obstructing the views, so that might be it.

2 Likes

You beauty indeed! You can supply a blow by blow match thread, like our training reports, only better.

Youā€™d reckon given his time there that 2MP would be more familiar with the training ground than Metricon itself

2 Likes

BMX park opened May 2022, so guessing the oval is no longer there

Thereā€™s a reason why QLD has the worldā€™s highest melanoma rate.

Iā€™m a solid chance of sneaking down (from the north side of Brisbane) at this stage.

4 Likes

Tree on the wing looks good.

With an esky

2 Likes

ok I better go check

The 3 ovals are still there. On the photo above the brown circular area is the best of the 2 training ovals. AFLW were training there this morning.
I think weā€™ll play on this oval. It looks good. NO lights so it will be a sweltering hot afternoon game I would think. A few trees but not much shade.
Bring sunblock and a portable icebath.

3 Likes

Iā€™m assuming the game will be the culmination of a camp on the GC. Might be some other opportunities to watch training.

2 Likes

Thursday, February 23
Gold Coast v Essendon, Austworld Centre Oval (Carrara), 4pm AEST (5pm AEDT), (6 x 25 min, no time on)

3 Likes

Traditional rivals.
Traditional ground.
Traditional time slot.

Weā€™re back baby!!!

8 Likes

So is the fifth sixth the championship sixth?

2 Likes

Austworld Centre Oval

Address: Nerang Broadbeach Rd, Carrara QLD 4211

I assume this is the 2nd practice oval out the back of the Gold Coast Sports & Leisure Centre?

It appears to be red dot ground.

There are several gates. Says no dogs allowed. More can be seen on Google StreetView.

No seats or shade.

2 Likes

How many players will we get to use? Hope to see a bit of a mix between experience and youth in the lineup - something like;-

Hayes Stewart Hind
Kelly Ridley Massimo
Durham Shiel Martin
Langford Voss Menzie
Stringer Baldwin ADavey

Draper Setterfield Parish

Caldwell Hobbs Cox Jones
Tippa Montgomery Heppell Bryan