Practice match vs Fark Carlton - Thursday 25 Feb 2021 @ 11am - no entry, live stream

A few Dwayne Russell chaos balls from Draper coming in 2021

If you zero your focus on the guys that are under 22.
We are building a really talented bunch of talls and smalls.

It’s ok.

We will snap up a couple gun mids in this draft by finishing bottom 4.
A draft that’s meant to be choc full of super talented midfielders.

And 2024-30 I sincerely hope we get our turn at some sustained time at the top part of the ladder,where we can hopefully win number 17.

3 Likes

This is Nino’s forum and we’re just posting on it.

3 Likes

How was Zacka?

13 Likes

I would love to hear the opinions of the regular training watchers @nackers, @CJohns @MattPocock18 (and any others) on how today’s game went compared with what they have been seeing on the track.
Did you think our ball use was what they have been practisiing (allowing for the fact that opposition pressure is always going to make it harder than with feigned pressure at training)?
And were you disappointed with our inability to deny Carlton retaining possession all the way down the ground with passes to players 5m off their opponent?
What of individuals? Who of the new players surprised on the upside or the downside?

Hes still injured

Im calling it. We are making the top 8. Why? Well im usually pessimistic, so… why not? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah but 2 metre Peter didn’t stand up when it counted.

Infection must be bad if it made his hair go orange.

1 Like

Nobody who has seen Peter Wright play before for the Suns could have been disappointed in how he played out there today. It was a perfect microcosm.

EDIT: well maybe you could still be disappointed, just not surprised.

1 Like

Front 6 I’d play…
Perkins Jones Smith
Tippa Stewart Stringer

Back 6 I’d play…
Ridley Reid/Hooker Cahill
Redman Francis Hind (7th Heppell)

Hooker because we have no one else fit, I’d be giving Reid as much as he can handle though.

The mids in the upcoming draft could be genuinely elite, taking 1 or 2 of them (If Merrett goes) is what our side needs, 2023-2028 is our window.

1 Like

Yesssssss inject it into my veins

Also Bryan looked really good, agile for a ruck, could play CHB in time

3 Likes

Always the bridesmaid, never McBride.

Who was No.42 please ?

Ham was great in the first half.

Second half he missed kicks, dropped marks and carlton players broke his tackles.

Tale of two halves.

1 Like

Waterman

1 Like

I’m satisfied with that hitout. Clearly our defensive running needs to improve, we just couldn’t get back fast enough. This has to do with offensive structure as well, when we moved forward we overcommitted, so if/when we turned it over we weren’t in position to zone.

That was as young an Essendon team as I can remember, and it was the younger players who excited the most. Jones, Cox, Perkins can all play. Archie’s steps through traffic were sublime. Yes he got caught a couple of times but remember he hasn’t even played VFL yet. Talk about ramping up the pace. Same with Cox.

And Waterman, what a revelation!

Downsides were 2MP and Cutler, as well as the form of Heppell and Hooker. I’m not worried about Heppell/Hooker, who can both play, but not sure the other two will get a run. Surely a Gown or a Jok would be better value on the list.

Bring on the Cats. I know we won’t win but I’m just looking for continued improvement.

7 Likes

If that’s how you view 2MP i think he will surprise you this year.