Pre-game discussion: Essendon v Brisbane Lions

Out: Langford (injured), Ashby In: Cooney, Chapman

Hmmm…I agree with pazza. Not sure what to make of that

Ashby Gleeson stay in they are the future.chapman & Cooney are not if they get a game it’s not for them.

I would not like to lose Jerret, Gleeson or Smack for this game.

Chappy sub.
Cooney for Langford
Howlett plays
Gwilt for Fletch if needed
And of course, Hardy in.

I would not like to lose Jerret, Gleeson or Smack for this game.

Chappy sub.
Cooney for Langford
Howlett plays
Gwilt for Fletch if needed
And of course, Hardy in.

I think Jerrett will stay in. Hirdy praised him in the press conference.

Out. Razor Ray

Out. Razor Ray

We won’t get any other easy beats this year than Brisbane. If we can’t beat them by at least 60 points then we should just give up and let the kids get some games for the remainder of the year.

GWS away, Gold Coast away, Bulldogs, Richmond x 2, Saints and Melbourne…nothing in this lot is a guarantee. We won’t play the Blues again. We just need to thump these ■■■■■■.

Keep playing the kids they are doing ok and are the future.

In: Cooney, Chapman

Out: Fletcher ( injured ) Langford ( groin )

If Fletch misses and Carlisle is fit I’d like to see him play back. Joey and Belly/McKernan up forward.
Then switch him forward when we need him.

Brisbane are a good team so we have to play our best football

The two teams with the worst forward lines in the comp. expect a shocking game.
Probably Essendon by 8 points in an abject display. But wouldn’t be surprised if Brisbane won.

Meh, what does it matter?

Jerrett didnt get a lot of it but provided a great deal of defensive pressure in the forward line. Something that has been lacking for a long time. He has to stay.

Very silly thought:

• If Langford is dropped, put belly in as a leading FF. ( Gives opportunity for belly to get some confidence back in his game )

• Daniher to play around the 50m mark. ( get hands on the ball, give him some confidence )

• McKernan head to head with Stefan martin.( McKernan to get some match fitness, and competitive when ball goes to ground)

Feel free to criticize.

A game we should win…so we will lose.

Brent Staker 2 years ago anyone?

Jerrett didnt get a lot of it but provided a great deal of defensive pressure in the forward line. Something that has been lacking for a long time. He has to stay.

Colyer’s first goal a direct result of Jackson Merrett disposessing a North defender with a great tackle.

Out: Langford, Ashby, Fletcher (if injured)
In: Cooney, Chapman, Carlisle (if fit and Fletch is out)

Would also like to see Dalgleish come in, maybe for Gleeson if they want to give him a rest.

Hibberd has been out of sorts for a while - opposition sides have definitely worked him out re his left sidedness and defensive lapses, so you’d think he needs to get back to his best pretty quickly, or Gleeson/Dalgeish/Ashby might go by him. Dempsey needs to improve his disposal quickly (though he is not alone, he is close to our worst repeat offender). He has also cost us goals recently by ball watching at stoppages inside 50 and allowing his opponent too much goal side space - happened against Freo more than once and also against NM. Howlett simply needs to get the ball more. The gap between Melky’s best and worst is still far too large. Tbell has been playing under duress, but must start impacting the stoppage/contest more with his big frame.

Zaka may need to come back through the twos given his recent injuries and form.

Lions finding form just in time for us

Very silly thought:
  • If Langford is dropped, put belly in as a leading FF. ( Gives opportunity for belly to get some confidence back in his game )

• Daniher to play around the 50m mark. ( get hands on the ball, give him some confidence )

• McKernan head to head with Stefan martin.( McKernan to get some match fitness, and competitive when ball goes to ground)

Feel free to criticize.

Not a criticism per se, but the place to get confidence back in ones game is not the Essendon forward line at the moment.

Very silly thought:

Feel free to criticize.

Not a criticism per se, but the place to get confidence back in ones game is not the Essendon forward line at the moment.

I do agree with you. I just want to give belly a chance to prove his worth in the team, and a goal or two can do a lot for the confidence. As we’ve seen in the past, he is quite good in leading into space and taking a few marks.

Lions playing good footy atm
We will need to bring the intensity next sunday