Pre Season Matches - What Will We See?

With a game of football being played in just over a week it's time to think about what we will see.

I'm interested in seeing how big Joe is, how Carlisle goes forward and if Kommer kicks more goals.

Will also be keeping a close eye on Patty Ambrose, could have something with him i think.

Very much looking forward to seeing new guys for the first time, in particular zac merrett and edwards

The new Merrett will also spur on the older one.

Always best threads on this forum every year are the preseason live match threads when we're playing interstate or in a country town. Basically peoples predictions of the season ahead hinges on the quarter by quarter summaries on the Essendon website or someone posting from the ground.

Would like to see who out of Steingberg, Hardy and Ambrose will play best as the ‘3rd tall.’

Following training reports, Steingberg is ahead but needs to be promoted obviously. Wanna see how he goes against actual opposition

All I want out of preseason is to give the the kids a run and to get no injuries.

That is my ultimate preseason.

i want to see KAV! steiny, z merrett and edwards to all play both games and particularly KAV and z merrett to put there hands up for rnd 1 with strong performances in both games

GREGORY.

? Is that the red headed bloke? Want to see if he’s good enough. We need a few more angry red heads

? Is that the red headed bloke? Want to see if he's good enough. We need a few more angry red heads

10. Darren Bewick

Alex Browne will give the coaches no choice but to select him come rd 1.

Hope to see signs of smarter creation of space and efficient ball usage through the midfield that Bomber has been hammering into the players.

Keen to see how the new kids go (Zac Merrett, Edwards, etc) and how our new forward set-up looks. I don’t expect the most senior players to feature heavily in the early rounds, so a forward structure that looks like this would be interesting:

HF: Z Merrett Carlisle Ambrose

F: Kommer Daniher Steinberg

(With Hardy, Dell, Jetta and J Merrett spending some time up there too).

Names on jumpers, can wait.

Fletcher

Big arms and rapid bulk

We can expect a blitz meltdown if we miss a few targets early on.

So much lol on the Kurt Aylett front. No-one has any idea who he is nor does anyone care. I predict many goal from him.

And THE STEIN to wear the Number 25 and kick 26.

Alex Browne will give the coaches no choice but to select him come rd 1.

Did Melksham pass the photos on now that he no longer needs them? 

I'd like to see Van Unen.

Not see him do anything in particular, just confirm with my own eyes that he exists.