Pre season Training Summary 2015

Quoted Post

With Carlisle (probably) underdone I think you need that second ruckman. You certainly wouldn’t want to not play Giles and not play Ambrose — someone has to offer the ground-level grunt the beanpoles and Langford don’t. Especially against Sydney and Hawthorn.

But awesome stuff, Jackie.

Yeah I think it’s Giles vs Ambrose, with Jake/Joe getting more or less ruck time.

Langford is a big question mark. Surely not needed back with 3 talls, + Goddard Myers in there. Forward he has more… canasticism… than Ambrose but is he going to have enough physical impact? Tantalising. Thought Glees was way too small last year - if you’re good enough, you’re big enough.

Quoted Post

<blockquote class="Quote" rel="Henry's Angry Pills”>canasticism</blockquote> Please explain.

Fanaticism-Canastitism, whats the difference

c

What about fantastia? Is he a chance for small forward role?
Been training well?

Callum TwomeyVerified account
‏@AFL_CalTwomey
Some excitement around about Kyle Langford at Essendon. Done a few special things over summer. Type of lead-up forward the Dons are missing.
Reply Retweet Favourite

Cal just backing up Jackie’s claim on Langford :slight_smile:

Preseason bolter.

Love your work as always, JM. Appreciate your insights.

fantastic stuff as usual JM

that is a very very tall side. How convinced are you that we will see tbell and giles played rd 1 jackie.

Hepp at half back suprises me a little. No doubt he will float through there at time but i think he quickly moving towards taking jobes mantle as our no.1 mid.

if dempsey is going to miss out (and frankly i have him right on the edge too) and wouldn’t mind seeing BJ slot back there or of course, gwilt.

if langford pushes up and demands selection through the NAB all well and good but think i’d still have licha just ahead of him at this stage (albeit that i don’t make it to training so am uniformed) and i’ve always liked myers as sub. he is versatile and his big body makes an impact around the midfield when he comes in fresh in the 3rd and the pace is off the game a little. I also worry that the midfield looks a little sluggish with hepp, jobe, myers, melk and stants.

fwiw

Baguley Hurley Fletcher
Goddard Hooker Hibberd
Zaharakis Watson Stanton
Colyer Carlisle Chapman
Giles Daniher Zerret
Bellchambers Heppel Cooney

Gwilt, Licha , Melksham, Myers(sub)

Emer. Dempsey, Langford, Howlett

still not quite sold on Giles and tbell

Fark Carlton.

Star studded middle there! So much so that Heppell is squeezed into HBF.

Quoted Post

Sensational work Jackie.

What split do you see in ruck time between TBC and Giles?

Quoted Post

Awesome work JM

Not sure if Langford will get the call up in rd 1, only because of his size…Howlett’s big body will get the nod for mine.

Winderlich a certain starter over Giles, although Giles should play as he is a goal kicker.

Huh? Coz Winderlich and Giles are the same sort of player right?

Quoted Post

Pre season summary from my point of view:

Jackie is a pre season star, a credit to blitz and helped keep us all sane in the break. Gives me a reason to come here.

Also thank you to the other posters that contributed. Expecially those taking photos. Sorry I can’t name you all as Im a bit lazy.

GO DONS

A bit lazy he is, hmm?

Emergency: Dempsey, Winderlich, Howlett?
If so then that’s the best emergency list in the AFL.

‘Spot Pressure’ = The New Black.

I agree that Langford is looking really very promising. However, there are several others who might be considered for the team at the end of the month, and the jury is still out on this last position on the bench. Browne ( not in the NAB) , Edwards and Ambrose are in the mix IMO based on training that I have seen. These guys are older and their bodies are fully AFL ready. I will be watching Langford closely to see how he handles match conditions in the NAB. Browne may be THE surprise package this year.

Would be amazing from Langford being bottom aged to get in the side.

Will very much enjoy watching him play knowing we FARK’d over carlton to get him.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Sensational work Jackie.

What split do you see in ruck time between TBC and Giles?

I’ve got no idea but I see Bellchambers as the senior partner.

The only thing surprising about Browne this year is if he manages to play a full AFL game without getting injured.

I’m pretty confident the boy can play AFL standard footy.

Quoted Post

fantastic stuff as usual JM

that is a very very tall side. How convinced are you that we will see tbell and giles played rd 1 jackie.

Hepp at half back suprises me a little. No doubt he will float through there at time but i think he quickly moving towards taking jobes mantle as our no.1 mid.

if dempsey is going to miss out (and frankly i have him right on the edge too) and wouldn’t mind seeing BJ slot back there or of course, gwilt.

if langford pushes up and demands selection through the NAB all well and good but think i’d still have licha just ahead of him at this stage (albeit that i don’t make it to training so am uniformed) and i’ve always liked myers as sub. he is versatile and his big body makes an impact around the midfield when he comes in fresh in the 3rd and the pace is off the game a little. I also worry that the midfield looks a little sluggish with hepp, jobe, myers, melk and stants.

fwiw

Baguley Hurley Fletcher
Goddard Hooker Hibberd
Zaharakis Watson Stanton
Colyer Carlisle Chapman
Giles Daniher Zerret
Bellchambers Heppel Cooney

Gwilt, Licha , Melksham, Myers(sub)

Emer. Dempsey, Langford, Howlett

still not quite sold on Giles and tbell

Your side is fine. It was more about naming the best 22 rather than saying who is named on the flank or in the middle. Players will be rotated but I do think Melksham would be used as the lockdown player.

I think Ryder will be replaced by tandem ruckmen who can also rest forward and kick goals.

Myers won the best defender award at the Crichton so I don’t think he will start as a sub.