Preferred KP structure for 2017

Assuming Hurely remains and we don’t land a big KP fish what is our preferred tall structure next year? I’m going to assume luey is our preferred no.1 ruck. i am also going to ignore possible combinations including smack, gwilt and brown as a defender. i think our best structure is still 3 tall backs, 1 ruck, 3 tall forwards including a 2nd ruck option. you may want to argue otherwise. you may also want to argue about langford or jobe pinch hitting as a 3rd tall. go nuts.

oh and Francis, forward or back?

Fwd: Hurley, Hooker, Daniher, Laverde, Raz, Francis Tippa

Back: Francis + Who cares?

EFA

B: Hartley
F: JD, Hooker, Hurley, Francis, Brown, Ambrose

I'd be wanting Hooker, JD and a third mobile tall - something like a Membrey - hopefully Laverde or Francis Backs Hurley, Hartley and Francis or Ambrose

I don’t think 3 straight-out talls works all that well any more. Mobility is critical.

I’d be drafting Dea too.

Yeah I like the idea of 2 tall forwards and then a combination of 2 mediums - Watson, Langford, bj, lav (all rotating mid) maybe Francis too from time to time. Then 2 smalls. The beauty of lav is that he is a genuine aerial that who can play the Davey forward issue role too.

After last night I’m thinking

Lav JD fanta
Watson hooker tippa

Colyer and bj on the bench, Langford in the middle with jobe spelling him

I’d be wanting Hooker, JD and a third mobile tall - something like a Membrey - hopefully Laverde or Francis
Backs Hurley, Hartley and Francis or Ambrose

I don’t think 3 straight-out talls works all that well any more. Mobility is critical.

I’d be drafting Dea too.

The gods have spoken!

FP - TIPPA

Shame we couldn't pick up Seb Ross.

Massive blunder taking Kav ahead of him

Shame we couldn’t pick up Seb Ross.

Tippa forward

DEF: Hurls, Hooker, Francis
FOR: Joe, Resting ruckman, Brown

I know hartley has been good this year and can improve but there is no room for him in the backline IF we play hurls and hooker down back. Hartley is obviously the next best, if one of them gets injured or if say Brown gets injured and forces hooker to play forward. Seems harsh on hartley but he just doesn’t compare to hurley or hooker. Also keep ambrose just as depth. He can be serviceable in a few positions I think and provides a good fall back option. Some suggestions had Joe as second ruckman but we must avoid that at all costs imo… he is a full forward.
Assuming we get the 12 back Imo it should be :

Baguley, hooker, Hibberd
Walla, Hurley, Francis

I hear the other 17 teams are filing a complaint to the AFL about our expected ongoing success. The AFL are considering a change to the salary cap that will only allow Essendon to spent 50% of the salary cap.

The umpires have been pro-active in identifying our success, and have begun changing the interpretation of the rules.

Rule changes for 2017;

1. Essendon are not allowed to touch an opposition player when tackling (could be argued that this was changed last week)
  2. Essendon players must kick the ball at least 50 meters for a mark to be paid
  3. Essendon players will be called for holding the ball if they are in any way touched by an opposition player
  4. Essendon players will be reported for giving away a free kick
  5. Essendon players must bounce the ball every 5 meters
  6. The ball up will be removed for any Essendon game. The opposition will recieve a free kick out of the centre

*NOTE. These rules already apply when playing Hawthorn.

You forgot to mention the bit where all of our marks will be sent to the video umpire for review.
How about deliberate OOB and a 50 metre penalty? And; not handing the ball properly back to other player. Must always have a good attitude, no gestures, no swearing or insulting remarks, sulking, or talking behind the umpires back. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww f+ck!
I hear the other 17 teams are filing a complaint to the AFL about our expected ongoing success. The AFL are considering a change to the salary cap that will only allow Essendon to spent 50% of the salary cap.

The umpires have been pro-active in identifying our success, and have begun changing the interpretation of the rules.

Rule changes for 2017;

1. Essendon are not allowed to touch an opposition player when tackling (could be argued that this was changed last week)
  3. Essendon players will be called for holding the ball if they are in any way touched by an opposition player
  6. The ball up will be removed for any Essendon game. The opposition will recieve a free kick out of the centre

You forgot to mention the bit where all of our marks will be sent to the video umpire for review.

And the bit about overruling the goal umpire call of Essendon goal, if there is a video review that shows a player had a hand close to the ball, close to the line - after all he may have touched it between frames and who knows exactly where the line is anyway.

And the umpires are also to make particular effort to make sure EFC doesn’t beat GWS as they are entitled to AFL priority picks when it comes to umpires decisions near goal.

2 and 5

I went option 5. With this year behind him Ambrose will improve next year and his athletic ability provides a point of difference. Francis is a tall kid without a tank. He wil not be a KP next year, more like a 18-25th best player.

Go figure, I know the official team stats on player heights are dodgy, but Hurley at 193cm, Hooker at 198, Belly at 202 and Pig at 186???

Going by that Hurley is supposed to be 9cm shorter than Belly and only 7cm taller than Pig.

essendonfc.com.au/team/profiles/senior

Rule changes for 2017;

Extremely surprised about people's faith in Bellchambers. I wouldn't write him off but with the amount footy he's missed I reckon he's well off a best 22 spot.

Its called the Pears syndrome. After a long lay off you play for a whole year in the VFL and never get back to your peak.

If you don’t think everyone of the returning won’t be cherry ripe & ready to hit it at a million klicks, … you haven’t really thought it through I reckon.

The problem will be keeping them under control so they don’t hurt themselves or the other blokes.

We saw this week, they go on holiday & the first thing they do is go for a fking run!!

No Bull.

Extremely surprised about people's faith in Bellchambers. I wouldn't write him off but with the amount footy he's missed I reckon he's well off a best 22 spot.

But apparently Francis is better because he has played 0 games. Tommy is awesome when he is on fire so if the selectors choose him it will be because he’s back in town.

fwiw worth until recently i’d been in favour of option 2 but option 4 is looking more and more attractive. i guess the beauty with this tall group is that it is very flexible.

I went #5. Think it gives best shot, with Belly and Francis as options as well.