Preseason Training Sat 20 Jan

I’ve got no doubt Martin will perform well off HB, he’s a good player and it’s the easiest position on the ground, I just hope the guys replacing him up field work well.

3 Likes

Martin in defence and tsatas on the wing is the only serious concern I have about this offseason. Just feels like square peg in round hole, which never, ever works for us. Martin is a serious AA wingman. Play him there. It’s simple stuff really.

8 Likes

Don’t you dare lie like that.

I will write a post later to cover today(about to watch a movie at cinemas). But Martin was clearly damaging today in his role at half back. Was Daniel Rich like but he could also mark and use his height. Was impressive

Caddy… i mean like seriously… his ground work is great. What an exciting prospect

67 Likes

You up for a movie review too?
Enjoy.

12 Likes

Caddy’s mark broke Blitz today. No doubt about that hahaha

11 Likes

On Martin, I think he could be better at HB than Coleman is for Brisbane.

If that’s the case then that will significantly improve our ball movement. He would be absolutely deadly. And we would be better for it.

I like it.

10 Likes

The-Caddy-Hanger4

77 Likes

I’m disappointed at the lack of reaction of the bloke in the background

28 Likes

Still don’t like the Martin back move, what a waste.
Thanks for the reports.

2 Likes

Got the shot, nice work :ok_hand:

5 Likes

It sounds like the closer we get to round1 the further ahead those older players are in terms of team selection. With the exception of Caddy who seems to be shaking it right up! Based on the training reports the Davey boys, Tsatas, Lual will all be playing VFL in the start.

Davey boys and Lual definitely, and that’s fine. Alwyn was better today though and bobbed up for a couple.

Tsatas will be close to selection

3 Likes

Luca Alessio

50 Likes

Considering Blitz has been down all day, this is a great training report thread. Thanks to all contributors.

We’ve had lots of good pre-seasons before that have turned to nothing seasons, so I’m not expecting anything. I’m not expecting a worse season than last year.

One thing I’ve noticed is that although all the talk is about Caddy, Jones took marks and kicked goals too. There’s no law that says we can’t have two players fighting for the CHF position. There’s also no law that says that Jones can’t play CHF and Caddy FF, with 2MP in his rightful position in the forward pocket.

26 Likes

Martin at HB…that should push out Heppell, shouldn’t it?

7 Likes

Rather he played for Lalor, fark North Heidelberg.

3 Likes

Probably a spy from another club in shock.

This year we are flush with good wingers

I’m trying to think of a player at HB that Martin would resemble, and i’m struggling.

Maybe Corey Enright?

1 Like