Prince

Got tickets. Now approaching Big Kev levels of excitement.

I love you, Prince!

Lamamba?

Jealous. Were ■■■■ all tickets that weren’t $400 for the Melbourne shows, so arent going :frowning:

Sounds like you gunna party like 1999.

bat daaaaaaaaaaance

I am really freaken ■■■■■■ by tickemaster. I logged in to their site the day before. Had the session open more than twenty fours hours watching that countdown clock.

When it clicked over to midday, I ordered my tickets. It told me it was going ot take 4 mintues to generate my seats. No problems I think.

3:55 in it tells me that it can’t allocate tickets at this time, and I should try again later.

■■■■■■■.

So of course I try again straight away and the wait time is up to 13 minutes. By the time I actually got offered tickets they were in the balcony and they were $400.

sigh

bat daaaaaaaaaaance
Bat Dance is interesting. There are two distinct careers. Pre and post bat Dance.

I found the soundtrack on line.
I’m a bat fanatic so it was more about that than prince but I spose he’s ok.
I’ll be stuffed if I’m getting purple rain though.

As long as Prince turns up, and not that symbol bloke.

When he checks in incognito his name is ‘the artist formally known as Smith’.

CREAM

If you’re keen and like the idea of seeing Prince up close it might be worth remembering that on 2 occasions he’s been here he performed unannounced at the soon to be ex jazzclub “Bennett’s Lane”. Inflation kicked in though-the unadvertised gig in 2003 cost $20 but it went up to $200 in 2012, the former gig I think was more of a jam session. I think they can squeeze in around 150 in the big room. Bennett’s Lane is about to close permanently but is still open this month so it’s a possibility, if a slight one.

CREAM

No!
Seriously? That’s what he says??
I never could work it out.

If you're keen and like the idea of seeing Prince up close it might be worth remembering that on 2 occasions he's been here he performed unannounced at the soon to be ex jazzclub "Bennett's Lane". Inflation kicked in though-the unadvertised gig in 2003 cost $20 but it went up to $200 in 2012, the former gig I think was more of a jam session. I think they can squeeze in around 150 in the big room. Bennett's Lane is about to close permanently but is still open this month so it's a possibility, if a slight one.

I will never pay more than 100 to see anyone ever… (again)

Saw him at an after show at the Metro about 12 years ago. Was awesome.

BLOODSTAINED DEVILS: I will never pay more than 100 to see anyone ever… (again)

You’d have to be keener than I am about Prince, even if Miles Davis once called him the Duke Ellington of the 80s.
Would I pay more than $100 to see a musician? This could be an interesting thread title. Hmmm…Wangaratta passes are more but that’s 3 days - mind you add in the accomm and transport etc and it’s up around 500 to 700 which I’'m told people pay for tickets to see major acts. But more than $100 to see a single performance?
ABSOLUTELY YES if it’s Keith Jarrett. Won’t happen cause he hates flights but I hate to think what I’d pay to see him again, especially if I was in a bidding war. I wouldn’t enjoy paying but I’d drop $1500 if I had to. And then I’d OD on Vit C and echinacea and stay away from humanity for a month beforehand and take my puffer and cough drops on the night and pray I didn’t sneeze(Google Jarrett and coughing). And I wouldn’t even care if he had an off night - anyway he had an on night when I saw him for the second time in the early eighties.
Other than Jarrett my lid would be $100, partly because the best gigs I’ve experienced have always been in small venues.

I’d doubt that any Essendon supporter would be partying like it’s 1999.

I’d doubt that any Essendon supporter would be partying like it’s 1999.

You are SO on the precipice. …

More tickets available for tonight if anyone is interested:

https://e.lasttix.com.au/pub/sf/ResponseForm?ri=X0Gzc2X%3DYQpglLjHJlYQGlp1zf9ffAPagmUkFLRv9RCFvDvzbDjkEPzdB9FnAJIXzgFys9IWKOVXMtX%3DYQpglLjHJlYQGlp1zf9ffAPagmUkFLRv9RCzf3IzbJWJzgRtaqTFcfpcFdLICpmYzan&ei=EolBmAYX1i5PMCZShIRl9Xg