Priority picks?

Priority pick is absolutely going to Brisbane (would bet my house on it), just a question of what number Gill allocates. On top of that the AFL will have to pump alot of money back into QLD footy to get it somewhat sustainable.

Are you Mark Stevens?

Priority pick is absolutely going to Brisbane (would bet my house on it), just a question of what number Gill allocates. On top of that the AFL will have to pump alot of money back into QLD footy to get it somewhat sustainable.

Are you Mark Stevens?

All my opinions are completely unfounded so yeah pretty close :wink:

Be happy if Brisbane get pick 2+3. We will be the only club that doesn’t get their first round pick diluted. Brisbane have no chance of hitting a premiership window before us, the teams below are our competition.

Gil was on the couch. Very much softened his wording. Spoke about how there is probably more talent on the Bears list than it appears and that sometimes if the footy dept isn’t working properly you don’t know how successful that group could be.

Referenced port, aints and dees as examples of quick turnarounds because of good list mgmt and coaching.

Bears definitely not getting pick 1. End of first. He even stopped himself from saying if not this year then next.

We are sweet.

Isn’t it funny us fans no more about running the afl then gil

Anyone else a little concerned that still no call made on brisbanes application?

Trade week stats next week. AFL are hopeless!

Anyone else a little concerned that still no call made on brisbanes application?

Trade week stats next week. AFL are hopeless!

The call has to be made before trade week. Would be typical AFL if it wasn’t though

I thought hey already said it will be at the end of first round?

The handing out of priority picks
Are decided upon by a bunch of priicks!

The handing out of priority picks Are decided upon by a bunch of priicks!

Lucky the same blokes that voted on the Norm Smith aren’t responsible for handing out priority picks or someone like GWS or the Crows would be getting it

Isn't it funny us fans no more about running the afl then gil

I too am a fan no more.
Well put.

Isn't it funny us fans no more about running the afl then gil

I too am a fan no more.
Well put.

Know your Knot

https://twitter.com/afl_pkeane/status/783909178733584384
What a fkn joke, they deserve nothing

Any team finishing bottom 2 two years in a row deserves pick #19. That’s squat.

Or are you all on the bandwagon that we finished last because of the drugs saga, its “our fault”, so we shouldn’t get pick #1? How does that logic differ to you guys saying “well they stuffed up with recruiting/off-field, but heh they should get nothing despite finishing bottom 2 two years in a row”.

Any team finishing bottom 2 two years in a row deserves pick #19. That's squat.

Or are you all on the bandwagon that we finished last because of the drugs saga, its “our fault”, so we shouldn’t get pick #1? How does that logic differ to you guys saying “well they stuffed up with recruiting/off-field, but heh they should get nothing despite finishing bottom 2 two years in a row”.

They didn’t get nothing. They got pick 2 last year and pick 2 this year. That’s what they get for finishing bottom 2 two years in a row. I don’t have a problem with it, but I’m also not really convinced that if it was a Vic/WA/SA club that the AFL would be giving them a priority pick. St Kilda finished 16 and 18 in 2013 (when GWS weren’t an AFL quality team)/2014 and didn’t get anything for it.

WAT?

Essendon participated in the 2016 season and finished last, thus they receive the picks 18th on the ladder are entitled to.

How on earth does that relate to Brisbane being gifted an EXTRA draft pick on top of what they’re already entitled to for finishing 17th?

They get pick 2. They were arguably worse than us and they fielded their full team. Can’t get their leadership sorted, can’t get their coaching sorted, but get rewarded for poor governance. They should suffer in their jocks.

So I assume when we got a priority pick (#20) in 2006, barely five years after playing in a Grand Final, then everyone here was saying that was terribly unfair? Especially given part of that was injury driven, and the last bit was probably us tanking.

Priority picks exist to help teams which are poor. Brisbane is diabolical. And any team who finishes low is pretty much there because they stuffed up in some way. Hence us with the saga. Pick #19 is chicken feed, and in a 22 man comp the idea that two #2’s will bridge the gap to the top teams is ridiculous. Sache maybe brilliant, but last year WBD turned #12 odd into Dunkley and Collins. One pick extra versus the top teams, or two across two years won’t bridge the gap.

It seems to me very spiteful and unwilling to help any other team who isn’t Essendon.

19: Daniel Venables
20: Brant Lebkuchen
21: Josh Battle

That’s right, we’re not farkcarlton

I am OK with the AFL giving the Lions a priority pick provided that the AFL give Jobe a priority Brownlow.

They didn’t get nothing. They got pick 2 last year and pick 2 this year. That’s what they get for finishing bottom 2 two years in a row. I don’t have a problem with it, but I’m also not really convinced that if it was a Vic/WA/SA club that the AFL would be giving them a priority pick. St Kilda finished 16 and 18 in 2013 (when GWS weren’t an AFL quality team)/2014 and didn’t get anything for it.

WAT?

Essendon participated in the 2016 season and finished last, thus they receive the picks 18th on the ladder are entitled to.

How on earth does that relate to Brisbane being gifted an EXTRA draft pick on top of what they’re already entitled to for finishing 17th?

They get pick 2. They were arguably worse than us and they fielded their full team. Can’t get their leadership sorted, can’t get their coaching sorted, but get rewarded for poor governance. They should suffer in their jocks.

So I assume when we got a priority pick (#20) in 2006, barely five years after playing in a Grand Final, then everyone here was saying that was terribly unfair? Especially given part of that was injury driven, and the last bit was probably us tanking.

Priority picks exist to help teams which are poor. Brisbane is diabolical. And any team who finishes low is pretty much there because they stuffed up in some way. Hence us with the saga. Pick #19 is chicken feed, and in a 22 man comp the idea that two #2’s will bridge the gap to the top teams is ridiculous. Sache maybe brilliant, but last year WBD turned #12 odd into Dunkley and Collins. One pick extra versus the top teams, or two across two years won’t bridge the gap.

It seems to me very spiteful and unwilling to help any other team who isn’t Essendon.

That priority pick we recieved was terribly unfair and then we picked Leeroy Jetta and it was REALLY REALLY terribly unfair…

I don’t know where all this sympathy for opposition clubs that have f*cked up their list by poor choices, is coming from?

The draft is already enough equalisation. There doesn’t need to be anymore consessions. This is a billion dollar buisness, it’s not a child care centre.

WAT?

That wasn’t decided by a bunch of suitable, they were the rules at the time. Fark is that Brisbane have even won finals since we last won one and even played finals what, three times (?) since 2004 (4 times if you include 2013 when we were kicked out)