Priority Prick

Scum requesting a priority prick, oh this is conditioning the AFL for no.2 for Kruezer. Similar to Melbourne and Frawley.

Why doesn’t the AFL save the time and announce how they are going to manipulate the rules.

Fitzpatrick will make the decision. You know which way this is going.

It’s corruption of the highest order but if we end up with one of them in exchange for Buckets I’m all for it!

Crap club, crap administration at both club and AFL level…let the corruption continue

They can gagf.

From a club that said “I shouldn’t say this in front of the cameras, but it’s very, very difficult to see where we’re going to lose a game" at the start of the season.

Hypothetical
If blues gets pick 2 compensation and trades to us for Carlisle.
who would you pick?

Two years ago they played in finals (thanks for that AFL) yet suddenly they need priority picks. &$#%Scum.

Hypothetical If blues gets pick 2 compensation and trades to us for Carlisle. who would you pick?
I would pick "follow another sport"

See, I reckon the AFL really want Brisbane to have pick 2, I think that’s pretty important to them.

It’s their system, and their ‘mystery’ formula.

Kreuzer will be end of first round imo.

Melbourne - 25 wins in 5 years. No priority pick.
Carlton - 47 wins in 5 years.

Seems simple to me.

Anyway who cares, give them the top five picks. It won’t matter because they can’t develop them.

Sht club.

Anyway who cares, give them the top five picks. It won't matter because they can't develop them.

Sht club.

Fair point.

How many top 3 pick Carlton have?

Anyway who cares, give them the top five picks. It won't matter because they can't develop them.

Sht club.

Exactly. This is the biggest misnomer in our sport. Getting high draft picks doesn’t solve the fact that you can’t develop them. How many top draft picks have Melbourne/Carlton had in past 10 years? Tonnes. They are still hopeless.

The media talks about teams that consistently find ‘gems’ in the draft later on, that’s crap to an extent. They just have a great setup to develop their players whether it be great coaches or that they are training with an overall stronger playing group and naturally holding them to a higher standard.

Sht club.

Exactly. This is the biggest misnomer in our sport. Getting high draft picks doesn’t solve the fact that you can’t develop them. How many top draft picks have Melbourne/Carlton had in past 10 years? Tonnes. They are still hopeless.

The media talks about teams that consistently find ‘gems’ in the draft later on, that’s crap to an extent. They just have a great setup to develop their players whether it be great coaches or that they are training with an overall stronger playing group and naturally holding them to a higher standard.

I tried to make this point 6 months ago, but I made a hash of it, and got torn a newie for it. My fault - was trying to point out Carlton’s drafting wasn’t ■■■■, their development was. There’s no way of knowing if some of those players they drafted would have been better players drafted 5 picks later by a top 4 side.

Example: If Joel Selwood goes to Melbourne instead of Geelong - does he become the same player? No chance in hell.

I think you will find that they know they don’t have a hope of a priority pick but aim to:

1. Put some background/leverage to their hope of getting a pick 2 or 3 for Kreuzer.
  2. Assist with a priority pick next year if they have another crappy season.

Getting Schache and Weitering would set up both ends of the ground for them for a decade, any club in their position would be dumb not to try. They won’t get it, if anyone deserves it it’s Brisbane.

Getting Schache and Weitering would set up both ends of the ground for them for a decade, any club in their position would be dumb not to try. They won't get it, if anyone deserves it it's Brisbane.

Indeed. Brisbane have been ■■■■■■ ordinary the last 5 years. Let them have Schache and Weitering.

Getting Schache and Weitering would set up both ends of the ground for them for a decade, any club in their position would be dumb not to try. They won't get it, if anyone deserves it it's Brisbane.

Indeed. Brisbane have been ■■■■■■ ordinary the last 5 years. Let them have Schache and Weitering.

Still haven’t been as ordinary as Melbourne. That’s the yardstick the AFL set for themselves.

They won’t get a priority pick, and they won’t get a compo pick either. Certainly they deserve it less than Brisbane, and they’ve already been turned down. The AFL can’t then go and give one to Carlton.

The compo pick is more complex, but doubt they’ll get that (pick 2) either. Evans coming out yesterday and claiming he didn’t know how the compo pick works I think was a bit of a smoke screen. It is discretionary, and it’s pretty clear to everyone but fark Carlton supporters that a) Kruezer is not worth that much and b) the competition would be in uproar, and the draft compromised if it was granted at pick 2.

Reckon Evans will come out in a week or two and state that having reviewed the rule blah, blah, blah…the best Carlton can hope for is another pick at the end of the first round.

Refer to my earlier post